AUS-CITY
Posted By: Jedi Knight Digital Terrestrial Set top box - Fri 04 Jun 2004 03:20:AM
No its not controversy its something good for a change.<br />I decided today to buy a digital Terrestrial box, I spent last night on the net looking at all sites to see whats going on and I was surprised to see many of the same boxes for very different prices.<br />I ordered a "Opentel ODT 3000F from Kristal Electronics in Townsville, checked all the specs and it has what I want for a good price.<br />I will keep all informed how it goes.<br />Also this might answer some of the people that have emailed me about Digital Terrestrial <br />Phil
Posted By: George H Re: Digital Terrestrial Set top box - Fri 04 Jun 2004 04:32:AM
Yes Phil<br />Let us know how you go, The digital box could be my next toy. <br />George
Posted By: Crow Re: Digital Terrestrial Set top box - Sat 05 Jun 2004 02:32:AM
Yes more and more are buying them but they are still to expensive, a typical SD box is around $250 to $350 and the cheaper ones are limited with there outputs.<br />Our neighbour has a budget one for $230 but it only has a RCA and RF output,I would require SVHS if possible.<br />Phillip
Posted By: ew_289 Re: Digital Terrestrial Set top box - Sat 05 Jun 2004 03:13:AM
Go for it Phil!.<br />Test it and let us know, Satworld have you model but for a lots more that what your paying for it.<br />Steve
Posted By: musicman Re: Digital Terrestrial Set top box - Sat 05 Jun 2004 03:49:AM
Not Phil getting discount prices again?<br />Wonder if Opentel make a HD box.
Posted By: Jedi Knight Re: Digital Terrestrial Set top box - Tue 08 Jun 2004 03:43:AM
Got it today, so far so good, did an Auto scan and it loaded all but Channel 7 channels, I tried again but it was still the same, I Added Channel 7 manually and all is ok now, I will let you all know how it goes in another week.<br />Phil
Posted By: Jedi Knight Re: Digital Terrestrial Set top box - Fri 11 Jun 2004 02:48:AM
Yes it works well, only thing I don't like is the useless 16:9 setting (Streached picture), you can only use 4:3 or Widescreen settings, another thing is it runs a little warm for winter Hummmmmm will have to check others to make a comparsion.<br />Phil
Posted By: Jedi Knight Re: Digital Terrestrial Set top box - Tue 15 Jun 2004 01:50:AM
Yes I will be putting a powerpoint for this box as it runs a little warm, tested it by shutting the 240v off no problems re-booting all you have to do is reset to NO captions and all is ok.<br />Bit disappointed as I was told that the V8 supercar race on Ch 10 was on at different camera angles,it was not.<br />Phil
Posted By: Jedi Knight Re: Digital Terrestrial Set top box - Wed 16 Jun 2004 04:21:AM
I tested over the weekend 2 other makes of Terrestrial boxes 1/ UEC and 2/ TRIO, both boxes proformed as well as the Opentel, they had less in the connections on the rear but operated lots cooler<br />than the Opentel.<br />Hummmmmmmmm<br />Phil
Posted By: Webmaster Re: Digital Terrestrial Set top box - Wed 23 Jun 2004 03:53:PM
If your after a good box, I would go DGTEC. They have both SD (standard definition) and HD (high definition) versions.<br /><br />I have both. Even the SD has 5 - yes 5 outputs.<br />1 x rf (RF scary why would you even bother)<br />2 x composite<br />1 x SVHS<br />1 x YUV<br /><br />Also they have very sensitive threshold.
Posted By: maf Re: Digital Terrestrial Set top box - Tue 12 Jul 2005 07:01:AM
Most TV is cr@p anyway, why would I want to watch digital high-resolution versions of the same rubbish smirk
Posted By: Jedi Knight Re: Digital Terrestrial Set top box - Tue 12 Jul 2005 01:24:AM
For you it might be rubbish but some of us have unique hobbies I have over 700 Channels and I don't complain even if a few are rubbish.
© AUS-CITY Message Forums