AUS-CITY
Posted By: Meatball Telstra for sale. - Wed 17 Aug 2005 07:35:AM
Talking to a few in the know what will happen after the sale of Telstra and its workforce, the word around Sydney is that there are three major companies who were bidding for the tenders and because of the vast number of employees that Telstra has, its going to be a massacre if you still want to work there. Now this is fact, because of John Howard's Industrial Relations changes this will give the companies tendering for the Telstra bid ammunition on winning the tender and because they know there is a vast amount of employees and only 50% or less of them will ever be employed, they will be able to dictate the wage. This could not have come at a worse time for you guys because I can tell you this, the figure is around $10,000-15,000 a year less and the unions know about it, but again because of the vast amount of unemployed ex-Telstra employees, it will be cut throat to get the job and people will accept and sign these contracts for 15K less a year. At the end of the day, a company tendering for these contracts has to correctly calculate its workforce and the wages it is prepared to pay for each worker. By the way, I am talking about tech's here too, start queuing up at Centrelink!!!
Posted By: jaremt Re: Telstra for sale. - Wed 17 Aug 2005 07:42:AM
Meatball<br />I know you work for one of these companies as I have seen your public name on other forums, what are you trying to do scare them before they lose there jobs.<br />I bet you're one of the knobs in management in these companies.
Posted By: Jedi Knight Re: Telstra for sale. - Wed 17 Aug 2005 01:28:AM
When I was made Redundant back in 1991 the company that won the contract Kilpatrick Green payed its workers the $11,000 per year less for a 38hr week than the Government job. I joined the company two years later for $11,000 a year less and within Twelve months all contracts went up for grabs again and KG was not in the race for the contract and a 2 BOB company called P.E.T at Botany won the contract and took most of the workers From KG but paid the around $4000 less than K Green. So in simple terms the Workers That were made Redundant from the Government Job were grabbed By K .Green for $11,000 less only four years later to lose another $4000 in changing to another company (P.E.T) and this John Howards tell you Wages are going up,. PISS OFF!!.<br />And for Telstra workers well what can I say they will be screwed to the death and anyone over 40-50 will be unemployable.
Posted By: Notvyet Re: Telstra for sale. - Fri 19 Aug 2005 04:42:PM
My Brother works for ABB and I bet you all if they win a part of the tender they will pay their workers shit, sign this or get lost there is another 100 waiting outside for 20 jobs. The figure is around 15% less in wages for a basic week.
Posted By: Cathy B Re: Telstra for sale. - Fri 19 Aug 2005 06:48:PM
interesting and it will happen.
Posted By: Jeff Williams Re: Telstra for sale. - Wed 24 Aug 2005 08:12:PM
Try 50% less in wages. The ball park figure according to my brother is around 32K a year and since most Telstra techs are on 50 to 60 k + a year a figure of 50% less in wages is not unreal.
© AUS-CITY Message Forums