AUS-CITY
Posted By: endofdays Confusion calling the Mobsters - Sun 26 Oct 2008 04:04:PM
There seems to be some confusion on what we abbreviate the department of Child Safety in QLD. At least I know the CSA is the Child Support Agency but DoChs,Docs DOCS,DoCs and one member even called them DOCKS here in QLD.
What do they call them here in Queensland, and in the other states.
Posted By: kickemout Re: Confusion calling the Mobsters - Sun 26 Oct 2008 04:20:PM
oh I think everyone knows they are the same thing......terrorists for children and their families.....and no less
Posted By: vici Re: Confusion calling the Mobsters - Sun 26 Oct 2008 05:23:PM
department of child safety they are known as in Queensland..Bit of a joke really.
Posted By: LovingMyKids Re: Confusion calling the Mobsters - Sun 26 Oct 2008 06:30:PM
I just abbreviate them as DChS, what that stands for besides Child Safety is up to anyone's imagination but it sure ain't for the Department of Child Safety! DiCkheadS could be one!
Posted By: I Hate GOV, DEPT Re: Confusion calling the Mobsters - Sun 26 Oct 2008 08:41:PM
Originally Posted by kickemout
oh I think everyone knows they are the same thing......terrorists for children and their families.....and no less

+1 for me
Posted By: I Hate GOV, DEPT Re: Confusion calling the Mobsters - Sun 26 Oct 2008 08:42:PM
I don't care what you call them as all of us know who they're.
Posted By: rainbowchaser Re: Confusion calling the Mobsters - Mon 27 Oct 2008 05:36:PM
I think that regardless of what "child safety service centres" are called anywhere in Australia, we would recognise who somebody was talking about.

Welfare, DHS, DChS, DoCS, Family Services, CPS, Child Protection, Childrens' Services, the Department... It's all the same.

I don't think the name is important. I have heard workers in the office I deal with refer to their department using terms used in other states.

But the 3 main names in Australia are DoCS, DChs and DHS.

Department of Child Safety
Department of Childrens' Services
Department of Human Services

© AUS-CITY Message Forums