AUS-CITY
Posted By: WantsJustice Another Stuff up from the One and only - Wed 26 Nov 2008 09:48:PM
http://news.theage.com.au/national/docs-picks-up-wrong-girl-at-school-20081127-6j2w.html

DoCS picks up wrong girl at school

November 27, 2008 - 9:13AM
Advertisement

The embattled Department of Community Services (DoCS) has apologised to the parents of a child mistakenly taken from a western Sydney primary school by one of its staff.

The seven-year-old was picked up on Wednesday by a DoCS contact worker who had gone to the school to take another girl to an appointment with a speech therapist, a joint Education Department and DoCS statement said.

The DoCs worker provided Penrith South Primary School with the girl's full name and was taken to a classroom by a staff member, but the wrong child was identified.

The worker realised she did not have the right girl after they had driven away from the school, quickly turning around and bringing her back to the school within 10 minutes.

Simon and Sara Raffan, the parents of the seven-year-old girl, Angel, said they were distressed when they were told about the mix up.

"How can someone go into a school with no paperwork, simply say they are from DoCS and just take a child," Mr Raffan told The Daily Telegraph.

"It could have been a paedophile or a killer or anything. They never even asked any questions."

The incident comes just days after a year-long special commission of inquiry into child protection in NSW, which found the department needed an extreme overhaul.

"(The departments) have apologised unreservedly to the families involved in an incident," the joint Docs and Education statement released on Thursday said.

"The DoCS regional director has spoken to the father of the girl who was incorrectly picked up and personally apologised to him and his family for any distress that they have experienced.

"Education Director General Michael Coutts-Trotter has called the father of the child who was picked up to apologise on behalf of the department."

Both departments have promised to investigate what went wrong and if protocols needed to be improved, the statement said.
Posted By: thisisgood Re: Another Stuff up from the One and only - Wed 26 Nov 2008 11:23:PM
Wow, what a complete stuff up!!

there's nothing safe about the department of child safety

Thanks for posting that article WJ. I punched the air saying 'yes, good on you docs".

good on the paper for printing it.

Sorry to the kid.
Posted By: WantsJustice Re: Another Stuff up from the One and only - Wed 26 Nov 2008 11:57:PM
Its good isnt it, just shows u that they can make errors.

A big shake up of the whole system, is what we need. They are making too many mistakes, and whilst the poor children that are in need of help from the department, get forgotten about.
Posted By: DocSniper Re: Another Stuff up from the One and only - Thu 27 Nov 2008 12:16:AM
That shake up is coming.
there arse is grass, and we are the lawn mowers
Posted By: WantsJustice Re: Another Stuff up from the One and only - Thu 27 Nov 2008 12:25:AM
Originally Posted by DocSniper
That shake up is coming.
there arse is grass, and we are the lawn mowers

Lol cant wait to see their faces as they will be the proven guilty ones.

Posted By: kickemout Re: Another Stuff up from the One and only - Mon 08 Dec 2008 03:02:AM
yep its an earthquake that'll hit em
Posted By: kickemout Re: Another Stuff up from the One and only - Mon 08 Dec 2008 03:04:AM
15 on the richter scale
Posted By: WantsJustice Re: Another Stuff up from the One and only - Mon 08 Dec 2008 03:06:AM
We can only hope smile
Posted By: kickemout Re: Another Stuff up from the One and only - Mon 08 Dec 2008 03:19:AM
i do know that amnesty international should have acted well before thhis....human rights and the rest of the dolts who have allowed this to go on.
Posted By: DocSniper Re: Another Stuff up from the One and only - Mon 08 Dec 2008 03:57:AM
the names you mentioned, I have approached, only to be told I am not a human that fits under a heading to be helpt as a human, so I rang the RSPCA, stating I am a dog, will you help, until she realised that I was referring to myself, she was all willing to help me with a abused dog.

seems common sense is not all that common

© AUS-CITY Message Forums