AUS-CITY
Posted By: reuder whats happening to channel 65??? - Sat 12 Jun 2004 02:59:AM
Hi, whats happening to channel 65, Leonardo??? I loved that!!!
Posted By: Uruguay Re: whats happening to channel 65??? - Sat 12 Jun 2004 04:50:AM
i think leonardo is going 24 hours by the screen don;t watch much of that channel but when i have its been 3 channels in one leonardo/alice/marco polo and now i think its going to be only one leonardo
Posted By: Jedi Knight Re: whats happening to channel 65??? - Sat 12 Jun 2004 04:54:AM
Yes have noticed it too last night
Posted By: reuder Re: whats happening to channel 65??? - Sat 12 Jun 2004 04:56:AM
I think its always been 100% Leonardo, its just that it also advertises the other two, i think its because they're owned by the one company. They beter not take it off!
Posted By: slammin Re: whats happening to channel 65??? - Sat 12 Jun 2004 05:32:AM
Leonardo is operated by an italian group called 'Sitcom' that supplies Alice, Marco Polo (a travel channel), Leonardo and Nuvolari (a motoring channel) to Sky Italia. We used to have Alice and Leonardo as separate services on TARBS; Alice was dropped by TARBS last year, and up until last week there was only Leonardo that was carried by TARBS.<br />From my reading the 'Sitcom' website,it seems Sitcom are going to supply the 'best' (?) of their programming from each of their 4 services under the one composite channel (I'm assuming only for international audiences) under the name of Leonardo World. <br />What you may have seen on Leo (when it was on air) is just some cross-promotion for their other services meant for italian audiences (as well as some interesting ads for other SKY Italia services), as it is a live feed from italy.<br />I'm fairly certain that I also read that it is scheduled to commence on 1 July. I dont think TARBS have much say on the content.<br />Hope that helps - I haven't bothered asking TARBS as I would probably find out more useful information on my own. They haven't even bothered telling their italian subscribers anything (no surprises there)- the Leo service just went off the air without warning early last week and replaced by that test card advising that Leo World is 'coming soon', yet the EPG is still active for this channel - (They're a real worry sometimes)
Posted By: reuder Re: whats happening to channel 65??? - Sat 12 Jun 2004 06:12:PM
Thanks alot for that, and i total agree with you, on how Tarbs treats its customers, CRAP!
Posted By: Jedi Knight Re: whats happening to channel 65??? - Sun 13 Jun 2004 12:53:AM
Slammin<br />I will try to find out some information about this matter, I will keep you all posted soon as I find out whats going on.<br />Phil
Posted By: Jedi Knight Re: whats happening to channel 65??? - Wed 16 Jun 2004 03:29:AM
Yes Slammin you are right.<br />TARBS were not informed about the changes. Sitcom closed down the other channels for international distribution, that is the reason they are no longer on air.Time will tell after July 1st.<br />Phil
Posted By: slammin Re: whats happening to channel 65??? - Wed 16 Jun 2004 07:30:AM
Thanks for that info, Phil.<br />I think all SITCOM services were free-to-view across Europe up until the time they were packaged into, or became contracted to, the Sky Italia pay tv service when it started up in Italy last Sept. This was about the same time when both Alice and INN ceased on TARBS (in fact, INN has ceased completely and was replaced in Italy by Sky News Italia). <br />I actually think "Leonardo World" will be a much better service - with a greater variety in the programming - than the regular Leonardo. - One can only hope! <br />Did your contacts at TARBS indicate any other enhancements to the Italian service?
Posted By: Jedi Knight Re: whats happening to channel 65??? - Wed 16 Jun 2004 05:19:PM
Slammin<br />Mainly TARBS are pissed off about the way Leonardo was taken off the air and they were not given anything to replace it for TARBS customers until July 1st.<br />And buy the smell of it the New "leonardo World" will be a better service.<br />As for other enhancements of Italian services No not for the moment, sort this mess out first.<br />I think Sitcom has bigger worries, PIRACY in Italy is on the move again, keys are on different forums around the world to hack it.<br />Phil
Posted By: Uruguay Re: whats happening to channel 65??? - Sun 20 Jun 2004 04:46:AM
hey phil any news on any new tarbs channels !!! like more english channels and i can still pray for more Spanish but its doubtfull!!! <br /><br />do you know of any other companies that do web transmisions of channels like e.g jumptv??
© AUS-CITY Message Forums