AUS-CITY
Posted By: kral NSS6 - Tue 10 Aug 2004 05:24:PM
can anyone help--I am a newbie to all this.<br />I used to be a TARBS customer--now I have there standard suburban dish left behind--I wanted to put this to use by pointing it to <br />Optus B3 to pick up up TRT INT but I hear that NSS6 will provide better action in a few months time.<br /><br />so just wanting to know the co ordinates for <br />Optus B3 and NSS6 I am in the liverpool NSW area.<br />Ta<br />-- Kral --
Posted By: Jedi Knight Re: NSS6 - Wed 11 Aug 2004 01:52:AM
For that I need the Latitude and Longitude of Liverpool(or your house) in Sydney, do some ringing around ask some Sat shops and if they're kind enough they will give you a good enough reading. Ask the Liverpool council (LAST RESORT)they might be able to help You.<br />I used a GPS tracker but you don't need to be that accurate. Once you have the LAT and The Long email it to me and I will tell you the Elevation and Azimuth of the both Sats.<br />Phil
Posted By: trash Re: NSS6 - Wed 11 Aug 2004 04:28:PM
Karl, have a look a the bible of satellite pages.<br />www.lyngsat.com<br />151 degrees east, 33.5 degrees south will get you more than close enough for everybody in sydney.<br /><br />Look up NSS6 under frequencies, Asia.<br />click on 'sattracker' on the top of the page, it'll open another small window with a map of the world on it. Click on where Sydney is. <br /> If you want to be fussy, 150.69 E 33.3 S is good enough.<br /> This will give you an Azimuth of 290.52 (290)<br />and an elevation of 19.88 (20).<br /><br />290 degrees azimuth is from true north.<br />360-290=70 degrees (to the west) add 11 degrees to that if you're using a magnetic compass.<br />81 degrees to the west from magnetic north.<br />Set the dish to 20 degrees above the horizon. If you're using a small offset dish, some offsets actually look like the are pointing down for this satellite.
Posted By: Jedi Knight Re: NSS6 - Thu 12 Aug 2004 03:05:AM
Yep spot on Trash,yes the offset dish is slightly (5 deg) looking down.
© AUS-CITY Message Forums