AUS-CITY
Posted By: Chris Problem receiving RAI Int. on Asia Sat 2 - Sat 26 Aug 2006 11:31:PM
Hi,

I have set up a Satellite dish that is pointing to AsiaSat 2. Most of the time it works fine with quality at around 90% but sometimes (mostly in the afternoon, but today is occurring in the morning) the signal goes out. The quality bar jumps up and down randomly. Does anybody know what is happening here and how to fix this?
Thanks in advance.

Chris.
Posted By: Big Chief Re: Problem receiving RAI Int. on Asia Sat 2 - Sun 27 Aug 2006 01:31:AM
May have a problem with terrestrial interference. Will need a C Band filter for this.
Posted By: KMOS How to position KU 63cm dish to receive PAS8 Sat? - Wed 30 Aug 2006 05:59:AM
Can anyone tell me in plain engalish, how to rotate my KU-Band (63cm) sateliite dish that is currently on Optus B3 satelite to PAS 8 satellite. Ie how many degress do I rotate clockwise or anti-clockwise? also what is the angle I need to have the dish at? Many thanks in advance. I do have a satelite finder device but no complex equipment (ie Freq Anayliser?)

Cheers.
Posted By: Chris Re: Problem receiving RAI Int. on Asia Sat 2 - Fri 01 Sep 2006 04:26:AM
Thank you so much. I found the problem. It is caused by a (fixed) wireless broadband connection that points in the direction of the dish.
Where can I buy a C-Band filter. I have tried searching online satellite stores as well as Dick Smith and Jaycar.
I can't find one anywhere.
Thanks.
Posted By: Big Chief Re: Problem receiving RAI Int. on Asia Sat 2 - Fri 01 Sep 2006 05:27:AM
Check this out : http://www.microwavefilter.com/tvrointerference.htm.

Get the Standard C band ones..
© AUS-CITY Message Forums