AUS-CITY
All,
Can anyone tell me in plain english, how to rotate my KU-Band (63cm) sateliite dish that is currently on Optus B3 satelite to PAS 8 satelite. Ie how many degress do I rotate clockwise or anti-clockwise? also what is the angle I need to have the dish at? Many thanks in advance. I do have a satelite finder device but no complex equipment (ie Freq Anayliser?)

Cheers.
anyone ...HELP...
getting to be an old post now i notice,but never any response?for any other newbie on this topic.try about 14degree further east an down a couple degree with your dish ,should put you in the ball park.rotate your lnbfeed on front of dish anticlockwise from front of dish to around 7 oclock,an edit your menu details in installation in reciever to pas8 ku,check your lnb settings same as your old B3 settings eg.type standard 11300 or universal 10600 etc.an Lnb power is ON. In transponder freq.polarity,sr,etc enter something active like 12526 horizontal 28800 3/4 for the selectv promo channel. if your satfindr meter is connected inline? adjust the level around mid range or just on threshhold of hearing a tone.If your in the ballpark and your reciever setting are correct? an increase or decrease in satmeter reading will result as you move the dish a degree or two east/west from the original 14degree change.do Very slow!at highest reading /tone nip! up your back bracket nuts,then try a degree at a time up/down with dish at the highest nip up your elevation screws/ajust bolts. give the overall dish a slight twist gently up/down/east/west to get highest tone/reading on meter.tighten all your ajust/bolts/screws/nuts firmer to lock your ajustment. If successful a good Quality level eg.65-90+ may result on your satellite reciever tuning levels in its installation menu. a further slight adjust on front Lnbfeed at front of dish on arm may increase your Quality level ,again the slightest couple degree twist,anticlockwise or clockwise.to peak it in.some lnbfeed sit in holder with a bit play in/out,again try midrange as original an adjust slightly in/out.till signal strenght/quality highest?lock up all screws /bolts tighter so as not to move later naturally from weather/wind etc.Remember,dont stand infront of dish with meter for your readings,keep behind.an wait a few second for your reciever to full respond to your manual adjustments if your viewing on screen your results. if all successfull? Scan for channels,an enjoy! Cheers!
we just wonder wats on pas8? hehee
Many thanks. Got approx 65% power strenght & 45 quality.

Cheers,
© AUS-CITY Message Forums