AUS-CITY
Posted By: Liski Setanta Sports on UBI World TV - Tue 06 May 2008 09:24:PM
[Linked Image]

Setanta Sports is coming to UBI World TV.
Keep checking the channel 3 art card for more information.

Note: Not available in all areas.
Posted By: Turkmen Re: Setanta Sports on UBI World TV - Wed 07 May 2008 03:42:PM
its very good news man...
is it going to be available for good or only for the soccer tournament and will it be available free to air or we have to pay extra to watch the games?
Posted By: Liski Re: Setanta Sports on UBI World TV - Wed 07 May 2008 04:15:PM
Turkmen,

Setanta Sports will remain well after the Euro 2008 cup is over.

It will be free until 03/06/08 as a free preview. After this date you may add it to any language package for an additional $14.95 a month.

Setanta Sports is not available in all areas.
Posted By: Skyline_man Re: Setanta Sports on UBI World TV - Wed 07 May 2008 05:01:PM
Will World TV Package customers still have to pay $14.95 for Setanta?
Posted By: Liski Re: Setanta Sports on UBI World TV - Wed 07 May 2008 05:04:PM
Yes
Posted By: LAZER Re: Setanta Sports on UBI World TV - Wed 07 May 2008 09:08:PM
Setanta now on Air laugh
Posted By: RATLSNAKE Re: Setanta Sports on UBI World TV - Wed 07 May 2008 10:33:PM
Awesome! smile

Liski, will the UBI website be updated with a link to a TV Guide for Setanta Sports UBI broadcast?

Currently the Aussie website mentions only Austar and Foxtel, however it looks like it may be the same feed to UBI.
Posted By: Liski Re: Setanta Sports on UBI World TV - Wed 07 May 2008 10:36:PM
RATLSNAKE,

The Setanta Sports feed is the same as Foxtel and Austar.
Posted By: TVSAT Re: Setanta Sports on UBI World TV - Wed 07 May 2008 10:40:PM
YAY MORE SPORT laugh
Posted By: LAZER Re: Setanta Sports on UBI World TV - Wed 07 May 2008 10:40:PM
Originally Posted by RATLSNAKE
Awesome! smile

Liski, will the UBI website be updated with a link to a TV Guide for Setanta Sports UBI broadcast?

Currently the Aussie website mentions only Austar and Foxtel, however it looks like it may be the same feed to UBI.

http://au.setanta.com/portal/systemcontent/tvschedule
Posted By: tHaMiR Re: Setanta Sports on UBI World TV - Thu 08 May 2008 12:48:AM
ohh yay we got a sports channel but its shit that we have to pay more to see it...arent we paying enough already on the world package....
Posted By: alcatron Re: Setanta Sports on UBI World TV - Thu 08 May 2008 12:59:AM
please try get setanta feed in widescreen, I have a big widescreen tv
Posted By: Liski Re: Setanta Sports on UBI World TV - Thu 08 May 2008 01:24:AM
Originally Posted by tHaMiR
ohh yay we got a sports channel but its shit that we have to pay more to see it...arent we paying enough already on the world package....

I don't see any other provider offering Setanta Sports for free.
Posted By: xxBOSSxx Re: Setanta Sports on UBI World TV - Thu 08 May 2008 03:31:AM

Liski,

TARBS old days had ESPN for free?? Another word you dont pay extra to get it.
Posted By: Liski Re: Setanta Sports on UBI World TV - Thu 08 May 2008 11:36:AM
xxBOSSxx,

ESPN is provided within packages.

Setanta Sports is always an add on any provider.
Posted By: alcatron Re: Setanta Sports on UBI World TV - Thu 08 May 2008 12:53:PM
Ubi should bring out another box with at least component out, when i compare quality on the soccer setanta vs SBS it is quite a differnce. Comparing the 4:3 resolution matches. There is just quality lost if you are watching it on a big lcd tv with composite cables from the ubi box.

Liski if you can pass on this feedback smile
Posted By: Liski Re: Setanta Sports on UBI World TV - Thu 08 May 2008 12:58:PM
alcatron,

I'm not sure when and if that will happen as the new UBI Humax STB that is being used in New Zealand only has RCA connections like the UEC STB.
Posted By: alcatron Re: Setanta Sports on UBI World TV - Thu 08 May 2008 01:08:PM
Liski, what about using another Irdeto2 box which has those other connections, would the ubi smart card work?
Posted By: Liski Re: Setanta Sports on UBI World TV - Thu 08 May 2008 01:20:PM
alcatron,

I can't guarantee it will work.
Posted By: alcatron Re: Setanta Sports on UBI World TV - Thu 08 May 2008 01:45:PM
ok no problem, just in regards to widescreen, do you know if setanta broadcasts anything in that format or is everything 4:3?

Posted By: Liski Re: Setanta Sports on UBI World TV - Thu 08 May 2008 02:37:PM
alcatron,

Best to contact Setanta directly.
Posted By: LAZER Re: Setanta Sports on UBI World TV - Thu 08 May 2008 06:00:PM
Always shown in widescreen: Scottish football, Blue Square Premier League, French Ligue 1, Dutch league.

Sometimes in widescreen: German football, Champions league (replays)

Never in widescreen: Serie A, Portugese Liga, South American football.
Posted By: Turkmen Re: Setanta Sports on UBI World TV - Thu 08 May 2008 07:48:PM
it says on me

"E16 service is currently scrambled" when i put to setanta channel

does this mean it wont work in tasmania?
Posted By: LAZER Re: Setanta Sports on UBI World TV - Thu 08 May 2008 08:10:PM
Is your area in Tasmania served by Foxtel or Austar? if Austar you won't be able to get it then
Posted By: Turkmen Re: Setanta Sports on UBI World TV - Thu 08 May 2008 08:14:PM
in hobart its austar.. so we wont get it here then...
Posted By: LAZER Re: Setanta Sports on UBI World TV - Thu 08 May 2008 08:15:PM
Yeah Austar have exclusive rights to Setanta in all the areas they serve so you won't be able to get it from UBI then...
Posted By: LAZER Re: Setanta Sports on UBI World TV - Thu 08 May 2008 08:57:PM
MEDIA RELEASE
UBI WORLD TV LAUNCHES
SETANTA SPORTS
UBI World TV, the leading multi-cultural subscription TV and radio broadcaster, and Setanta Sports, the leading
international sports channel in Australia, have teamed up to provide migrant homes across Australia with the best
live sporting entertainment from around the world.
Premiering on UBI Channel 3 on Friday, 9 May 2008, Setanta Sports’ exclusive international sports offering
includes a superb mix of soccer, which is expected to draw huge interest from UBI’s unique multicultural
subscriber base, as well as exciting rugby union, cricket and boxing matches.
This is an exciting time to connect to UBI World TV as Setanta Sports will broadcast Euro 2008 from June 7th with
coverage of all 31 games, as well as a comprehensive daily highlights package and replays of all the day’s
games.
UBI World TV President and CEO Regina Boulos said, “UBI is excited to launch Setanta Sports, a premium
channel that further expands and enriches the entertainment experience of the diverse migrant communities that
UBI services, majority of whom share a deep passion for sport. Whether it be rooting for their home teams and
their favourite players, being up-to-date with the major international sporting events where their teams are
competing including tournaments in their home countries, or simply enjoying a live match, staying in touch by
watching Setanta Sports on UBI is now better than ever”.
Conor Woods, General Manager, Setanta Sports, said, “We are delighted our channel will now be available to
customers of UBI World TV. We’ve got a lot of great games coming up with the start of Euro 2008 and the crucial
South American World Cup Qualifiers in June.”
The UEFA European Championships (Euro 2008) is the world’s 2nd largest football tournament after the FIFA
World Cup. Euro 2008 is one of the ‘Big Three’ global sporting events in terms of television audience, which also
include the Olympic Games and the FIFA World Cup.
Euro 2008 will be held in Austria and Switzerland, from June 7th to 30th. A total of 16 European teams will
participate in the tournament including teams such as Turkey, Greece, Portugal, Spain and Croatia, with Austria
and Poland making their first appearance in the tournament. The full match schedule is available at
www.ubiworldtv.com or www.setanta.com.au.
To subscribe to Setanta Sports on UBI World TV, simply call UBI on 1300 400 800 or visit www.ubiworldtv.com.
Posted By: TVSAT Re: Setanta Sports on UBI World TV - Thu 08 May 2008 09:39:PM
so liski what channels number is setanta on
Posted By: alcatron Re: Setanta Sports on UBI World TV - Fri 09 May 2008 04:53:AM
channel 3
Posted By: TVSAT Re: Setanta Sports on UBI World TV - Fri 09 May 2008 11:58:AM
hvala alcatron clink
Posted By: tHaMiR Re: Setanta Sports on UBI World TV - Fri 09 May 2008 06:26:PM
Originally Posted by Liski
Originally Posted by tHaMiR

I don't see any other provider offering Setanta Sports for free.

well wouldn't it be nice if one provider did put it for free?
Posted By: TVSAT Re: Setanta Sports on UBI World TV - Sun 11 May 2008 12:08:AM
i just went to my sisters house and i saw setanta its actualy cool but i wasnt watching it much to bad its not staying hey mabey it might be replaced with another channel wink
Posted By: Liski Re: Setanta Sports on UBI World TV - Sun 11 May 2008 12:35:AM
Originally Posted by TVSAT
i just went to my sisters house and i saw setanta its actualy cool but i wasnt watching it much to bad its not staying hey mabey it might be replaced with another channel wink

It's only staying for those that choose to pay for it.
Posted By: TVSAT Re: Setanta Sports on UBI World TV - Sun 11 May 2008 12:38:AM
ok cool so i think mabey my brother in law is paying it
Posted By: Liski Re: Setanta Sports on UBI World TV - Sun 11 May 2008 12:40:AM
TVSAT,

Subscribers that choose to add it on will not be charged until 03/06/08. Take a look at the UBI site for more information http://www.ubiworldtv.com/customer-care/hot-topics.html
Posted By: crazy_Turk Re: Setanta Sports on UBI World TV - Sun 11 May 2008 05:53:AM
well after years of begging for this channel to be added to the line-up they decide to put it up now and encrypt it b4 the Euro 2008,yeaa and charge 14.95 while austar it self are charging only 5.95 i mean like wtf??
great business sense though but must focus on at least spoiling their customers at least a litlle bit as $60 isnt a small fee for a lot of peopple tp pay every month and have things cuttoff...

they dont care what people want they just want their money plain and simple, like the LIGTV few people didnt reconnect coz the season finished at the time,same time when there was the price hike, which they wouldve connected once the season started again, they see they didnt get get people conectting within that month they get rid of it..

let me also say that this setanta wont last long as well cos its a shit channel, the only reason why people want it is that it is the only channel we can wach variuos Important games in australiam i mean who fuking watches irish rugby bullshitt.....
Posted By: Liski Re: Setanta Sports on UBI World TV - Sun 11 May 2008 09:21:AM
The standard price for Setanta Sports is $14.95.

To get Setanta directly from Setanta it's $14.95, to get Setanta through Foxtel it's $14.95 and to get Setanta through UBI as an add on or a-la-carte you guessed it's $14.95.

Austar charge $6 as you must first purchase the Sports Package at $12 and then add Setanta on top.
Posted By: LAZER Re: Setanta Sports on UBI World TV - Sun 11 May 2008 10:09:AM
People ask for it all this time and surprise surprise they stil moan about it when they do get it....

Crazy Turk you were one of the ones begging to get it at some stage and now the first to moan about you got to pay for it dont like it go pay the same for it with Foxtel LOL same price....

Please don't tell me anyone would be surprised that Setanta was going to cost extra as it shouldt be a shock to anyone since it cost extra in all parts of the world...

To get Setanta on Austar it cost $12.95 for the standard sports pack then add Setanta it adds to $18.95 and thats if your in a Austar area Foxtel same price, Setanta directly same price, please did anyone expect any less to pay for this channel really stop dreaming....

Posted By: LAZER Re: Setanta Sports on UBI World TV - Sun 11 May 2008 10:30:AM
Australia

Foxtel $14.95
Austar $18.95
Setanta Direct $14.95
Setanta Broadband $14.95
UBI $14.95

Globally

Globecast USA $14.95
DirecTV USA $14.99
Dish Network USA $14.99
Freeview UK £9.99
Virgin Media UK £9.99
BT Vision UK £9.99

Etc..... see the pattern....
Posted By: crazy_Turk Re: Setanta Sports on UBI World TV - Mon 12 May 2008 05:19:AM
though if were a sports nut u would already have that sports package with austar
$39.95 per month Starter Pack
$18.95 per month Sports + Sports Extra
------
$$58.90 per month (you can also wach EPL games and other from all over europe live on fox sports chanells in that package too)

which would be almost equivalent to what wre paying and in that price they still manage to fit setanta in, putting this aside, Liski you said it wouoldnt be available to the Austar areas im in an austar area, do i have to connect to austar as well as ubi at the same time to wach Setanta when UBI is already at my home
Posted By: LAZER Re: Setanta Sports on UBI World TV - Mon 12 May 2008 10:08:AM
Austar have Exclusive rights to Setanta in all the areas Austar serve thats why UBI nor can Setanta themselves sell subscriptions in Austar areas only Austar can sell subscriptions to Setanta in there areas....

Just like you cant get Foxtel in an Austar area you cant get Setanta in a Austar area
Posted By: alcatron Re: Setanta Sports on UBI World TV - Mon 12 May 2008 04:55:PM
Liski, is there any chance UBI can increase the bitrate on the Setanta feed, the picture gets quite pixilated on fast moving scenes. Especially noticable on big screen tv's.
Posted By: crazy_Turk Re: Setanta Sports on UBI World TV - Tue 13 May 2008 12:55:AM
Originally Posted by LAZERSAT
Austar have Exclusive rights to Setanta in all the areas Austar serve thats why UBI nor can Setanta themselves sell subscriptions in Austar areas only Austar can sell subscriptions to Setanta in there areas....

Just like you cant get Foxtel in an Austar area you cant get Setanta in a Austar area

what now so i have to subscibe to austar aswell just to wach setanta, hmm thats gonna be a prety big bill at the end of the month just for one channel

austar+ubi = $120
Posted By: LAZER Re: Setanta Sports on UBI World TV - Tue 13 May 2008 10:03:AM
Well thats the deal Setanta has done with Austar ....
Posted By: Big Chief Re: Setanta Sports on UBI World TV - Wed 14 May 2008 12:56:PM
Originally Posted by crazy_Turk

what now so i have to subscibe to austar aswell just to wach setanta, hmm thats gonna be a prety big bill at the end of the month just for one channel

austar+ubi = $120

May be cheaper to move to a Metro area smile
Posted By: alcatron Re: Setanta Sports on UBI World TV - Fri 16 May 2008 01:34:PM
There was a widescreen rugby match this morning broadcast on setanta, and i think this UBI box does not support widescreen properly or they are not receiving the widescreen transmission.The setanta logo is half cut off because the pic cant extend any further. I have tried every option on the ubi box to make it wide broadcast but no luck.
Now im guessing the euro 2008 wont be in widescreen either while the SBS will have it in wide and decent quality.

My issues with paying for setanta:

- No widescreen on selected matches cropped to 4:3 with logo half cut off
- Picture gets very pixilated on fast moving action, the channel needs more bitrate pumped into it
- The UBI box only supports composite output which is a letdown if you are watching on a big screen tv since the signal is compressed so much. I think at least component outputs on UBI boxes would be a big improvement.
Posted By: Liski Re: Setanta Sports on UBI World TV - Sun 18 May 2008 04:37:PM
alcatron,

Feedback has been forwarded.
Posted By: crazy_Turk Re: Setanta Sports on UBI World TV - Mon 19 May 2008 05:34:AM
Liski seriously something should be done, i mean who will be paying the minumum package price at austar just to get the setanata channel (basic channels + setanta $60) as well as ubi at the same time??

when we could get it thru UBI that is alrady setup in ou homes

ubi+setanta = $75

ubi+austar(setanta) = $120
Posted By: Big Chief Re: Setanta Sports on UBI World TV - Mon 19 May 2008 02:08:PM
Originally Posted by crazy_Turk
Liski seriously something should be done, i mean who will be paying the minumum package price at austar just to get the setanata channel (basic channels + setanta $60) as well as ubi at the same time??

when we could get it thru UBI that is alrady setup in ou homes

ubi+setanta = $75

ubi+austar(setanta) = $120

Check whether you can get Setanta direct? Also availble on D2. I think its also $14.95.

Posted By: LAZER Re: Setanta Sports on UBI World TV - Mon 19 May 2008 02:44:PM
That isn't available either if your in an Austar area as per there website...

" OTHER SATELLITE customers

If you do not subscribe to Foxtel, you can subscribe to SETANTA SPORTS by purchasing your own satellite equipment and paying a monthly subscription. For more information call 1300 AAACOM (22 22 66). This service is available on the Optus B3 satellite.

Please note: this service is not available to customers in Austar areas. "
Posted By: crazy_Turk Re: Setanta Sports on UBI World TV - Mon 19 May 2008 04:49:PM
That isn't available either if your in an Austar area as per there website...

" OTHER SATELLITE customers

If you do not subscribe to Foxtel, you can subscribe to SETANTA SPORTS by purchasing your own satellite equipment and paying a monthly subscription. For more information call 1300 AAACOM (22 22 66). This service is available on the Optus B3 satellite.

Please note: this service is not available to customers in Austar areas. "

Lazer i am aware of all that as it has been posted how many times i can read!!, i am asking Liski as a UBI REP to forward this management, the people in austar areas such as my self will stilll have to fork out extra cash if its either opening an austar account or opening a setanta sports account, when it could come thru the UBI, plus sign up fees , sendout signal fees this that its just bullshit...
Posted By: LAZER Re: Setanta Sports on UBI World TV - Mon 19 May 2008 05:01:PM
I understand your frustration but if Setanta themselves can't sell subscriptions in Austar areas what chance does UBI have....?
Posted By: Liski Re: Setanta Sports on UBI World TV - Mon 19 May 2008 06:28:PM
crazy_turk,

Your question has been answered and there is nothing else to say. The only way to get Setanta Sports in an Austar area is through Austar.
Posted By: RATLSNAKE Re: Setanta Sports on UBI World TV - Sat 07 Jun 2008 10:04:PM
Is there a minimum time you have to subscribe to Setanta Sports, considering it is simply a sole channel?

For example, what if after the first month you're not impressed with the service? etc
Posted By: LAZER Re: Setanta Sports on UBI World TV - Sat 07 Jun 2008 11:14:PM
3 months minimum term
Posted By: xxBOSSxx Re: Setanta Sports on UBI World TV - Sun 08 Jun 2008 02:11:AM
There is another way to watch Just EURO 2008 instead of paying $14.95 for UBI. There is a Live stream on the net you can watch live matches with 365k per sec which will give you a reasnable picture infact similar to setanta as we already had some commints about the picture quality. I really agree with you that we should'nt pay 14.95 and we're already paying 60.00. Nothing beats TARBS!!! I remember TARBS added Disney channel for $5.95 I know this is nothing to do with UBI because this is how much setanta is offering but if you compare the price with the picture sorry im not paying 14.95 to get an internet tv quality.
Posted By: alcatron Re: Setanta Sports on UBI World TV - Sun 08 Jun 2008 10:14:PM
Argh UBIs broadcast still 4:3

Foxtel C1 in wide as below:

[Linked Image]

No chance for UBI to switch to wide version anytime soon? frown
Posted By: MadScientist Re: Setanta Sports on UBI World TV - Wed 11 Jun 2008 10:34:PM
Hi Liski
I have checked on Setanta's website and they are not broadcasting the Turkey vs Checkoslovakia match live, does this mean that ATV will be able to broadcast the match live? Can you please confirm this for all the Turkish soccer fans
Posted By: LAZER Re: Setanta Sports on UBI World TV - Wed 11 Jun 2008 10:51:PM
Setanta hold the rights to the Euro2008

So even though they dont show it live doesn't mean someone else can doesn't work like that...
© AUS-CITY Message Forums