AUS-CITY
Posted By: Turkmen SCTV ?? - Wed 22 Oct 2008 01:30:PM
I am writing about the SCTV channel. As you know this channel broadcasts for about 6 hours Turkish everyday with a variety of very nice programs from most of the Turkish channels from UBI. However, as this is a free to air channel that can be watched from optus d2 satellite, this is unfair for the UBI customers who pay 60 dollars to watch the same stuff...my question is how can UBI allow this channel to show UBI programs free 2 air? most of the people are watching this channel and no need for ubi chennels anymore and this is unfair for the subscribers...
if it stays like this, then there is no need for us to pay 60-65 dollars anymore every month..cos sctv shows most of the good programs everyday. also as their broadcast times are from 5-11 pm everyday, this is more than enough..

can u let me know about this issue pls. thanks
Posted By: Turkmen Re: SCTV ?? - Thu 23 Oct 2008 02:23:PM
any answers?....
Posted By: ShaRp Re: SCTV ?? - Sat 25 Oct 2008 03:12:AM
there is nothing on that channel. nothing to be jelous about.

they give a matchmaking program for 2 hours and avrupa yakasi repeats for 2 hours everyday. that makes 4 hours of useless TV every single day!

I can't think of anyone who would cancel UBI for SCTV. if you want to watch that disgusting matchmaking program everyday of your life, It's up to you.

it's only good for people who don't speak English and cannot afford UBI. I think you should be happy for those people not jelous of them.
Posted By: Turkmen Re: SCTV ?? - Sat 25 Oct 2008 11:40:AM
im not jelous about this, however i just wondered how UBI is letting them show their programs...

I got digiturk web tv connected to my TV anyway, there r much more channels there, as well as i am still continuing with UBI to deecide between the two...

by the way, i do know some people who stopped UBI because of SCTV...
Posted By: LAZER Re: SCTV ?? - Sat 25 Oct 2008 11:52:AM
If you haven't noticed UBI are the ones supplying this programming to SCTV as shown on most programming there is a UBI logo in the top corner of screen

I see it as a way for UBI to give people a taste on what is available on UBI as they do show alot of advertising about the UBI service etc...
Posted By: Liski Re: SCTV ?? - Mon 27 Oct 2008 12:52:PM
UBI has been broadcasting a few hours of Turkish programming on SCTV to allow non-UBI customers an opportunity to see the quality of programming we offer as part of our Turkish service. This is a promotional activity designed to increase awareness of our products and services, and is temporary in nature. We have previously broadcast Arabic programming on SCTV for the same reason, and will in the near future commence broadcasting other UBI languages to increase awareness of UBI in those communities.

Rest assured the Turkish programming currently available on SCTV will shortly be removed, and only paying UBI subscribers will then be able to access these programs as well as the other 9 Turkish TV and 7 radio channels available on the UBI platform.
Posted By: TVSAT Re: SCTV ?? - Mon 27 Oct 2008 05:51:PM
umm liski i haven't really seen any arabic program on SCTV for a while ?
Posted By: Liski Re: SCTV ?? - Mon 27 Oct 2008 05:56:PM
We have previously broadcast Arabic programming on SCTV for the same reason, and will in the near future commence broadcasting other UBI languages to increase awareness of UBI in those communities.
© AUS-CITY Message Forums