AUS-CITY
Since around 8pm tonight (just after UBI shuts for the day frown ) we lost all our UBI channels.

When I switch to 'Public' the FTA channels work, so my dish, LNB, wiring, and decoder are obviously fine it seems.

When set to the UBI channels, no matter what channel I select it shows me the error message:

"E52 Searching for signal at 12608MHz, Rain in Area".

Does this message mean all of UBI is down, or is my card faulty, or is my box half-woking?

Any ideas would be appreciated!
what wrong with ubi
has ubi gone kaput again!!! 3 hours now and I have not seen anything on screen .........
Still off as of 5:20am !!!!
Heading on top of Forum

" UBI is experiencing major issue with the uplink antenna. Restoration will be ASAP. "
How long will it take before ubi is runing again.
Read the top of the Forum

UBI is experiencing major issue with the uplink antenna. Restoration and repairs going well - expected on-air by or before 13:00 Sydney time.
All UBI Channels now back on air

Currently all are FTA
13:00 most services restored. Also had a power supply fail on T14. This was replaced and full service restored at 13:35 Sydney time.

As the storm damage resulted in water getting into the feed and network, last night at 02:05 decided the feed had to be removed, only possible during day and antenna has to be dry.

Also the damaged feed window had to be replaced, else it would fill with rain again.

To remove the feed requires the antenna to be stowed with someone inside to remove the feed.

Quite a extensive and extremly difficult job.
Back up and running in Victoria! smile
Is UBI maybe considering some redundancy in the satellite uplinks? Maybe having another backup uplink in Melbourne/Brisbane or even Perth.

There was quite a few occasions that weather has impacted on uplink feeds.

Just a suggestion smile I know it would involve quite a bit of $$ to have the redundancy in place.
© AUS-CITY Message Forums