AUS-CITY
Posted By: LAZER LIG TV Now on Air - Sun 16 May 2010 10:36:AM
LIG TV Now on Air on the channel were the music channel used to be smile

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Turkmen Re: LIG TV Now on Air - Mon 05 Jul 2010 05:26:PM
Hello there,
what happened to lig tv? is it now an add on channel and for how much, pls let me know..
- also genc tv, whats happening there?
Posted By: Liski Re: LIG TV Now on Air - Tue 06 Jul 2010 12:12:AM
Turkmen,

LIG TV is currently still a free preview. After the free preview it will be AU$ 19.95 as an add-on to the main Turkish Package or AU$ 29.95 as an A la carte..
Posted By: klank Re: LIG TV Now on Air - Wed 11 Aug 2010 09:30:PM
Liski,

Why is LigTV so expensive? I think $65 is already steep enough for paying customers and to even ask for an extra $20 a month is quite ridiculous.

Would you enlighten me as to why these fees are so high?

Otherwise I genuinely hope that TurkPlus get a hold of the channel.
Posted By: Liski Re: LIG TV Now on Air - Fri 13 Aug 2010 03:27:AM
Klank,

The subscription fees for Lig TV were carefully chosen in consideration of the licence fees UBI must pay to Digiturk in order to receive the channel. The subscription fees being charged barely cover the rights of the channel. It does not cover any of the technical costs of bringing the channel to Australia and as such UBI must absorb these.

After much consideration along with the constant and strong campaigning of the Turkish community for its return, UBI decided to bring the channel back. UBI have taken a big risk to bring the channel.

UBI and Digiturk have entered into a long term exclusive agreement for Lig TV and the other 3 Digiturk channels so I don’t think it will be appearing on TurkPlus anytime soon.

Regards,
Liski
Posted By: klank Re: LIG TV Now on Air - Mon 16 Aug 2010 02:58:AM
Liski,

I find it very odd that a single channel can cost 1/3 of the total cost of the package itself.

I've been waiting for it to be brought back but by no means pay an extra $240 a year for a single channel as I already have the package which which is already costing almost $800.

UBI I'm sure are able to absorb the technical costs through the normal pricing anyway.

I'd also like to question a rumour that UBI brought back LigTV because of TurkPlus wanting to bring that channel back?

Secondly, are there many subscribers to LigTV as expected or are numbers below expectation?

Thanks for the info, I'm just quite disapointed that the fee for the channel is 1/3 of the total cost and wont be subscribing as a result even though I was very pleased to see it back.
© AUS-CITY Message Forums