AUS-CITY
Posted By: Coasty LIGTV Picture Quality problems, please help - Sat 25 Sep 2010 09:55:PM
Hi UBI,

Within the past few weeks, the picture quality on LigTV has become very very poor. The news section down the bottom of the channel, it has become very blurry, it doesn't go all the way along the bottom.

Second of all, the LigTV logo which is normally in the top right hand corner of the TV has now shifted to the left a little and is almost in the middle.

When LigTV first starting transmitting back in May it was very clear and crisp.

I have checked my TV settings and its not my TV as a few of my friends are experiencing the same problem.

Can anyone please help or please check this out ?

Thankyou

Posted By: night_flight Re: LIGTV Picture Quality problems, please help - Sun 26 Sep 2010 05:36:PM
I have noticed some balkan channels are also not as crisp as they used to be....i expected more from ubi....
Posted By: Coasty Re: LIGTV Picture Quality problems, please help - Sun 26 Sep 2010 11:00:PM
I am hoping for someone that works at UBI to please look into this problem.

Even on the adds through Ligtv there are two vertical black strips on either side and it looks like a 4:3 format and not full screen

It looks like they have "zoomed" in and it should be "zoomed" out to get a clearer picture, the text is very blurry and at times unreadable, it's as if it's streaming from the Internet!

Posted By: Liski Re: LIGTV Picture Quality problems, please help - Mon 27 Sep 2010 05:08:PM
Coasty,

The aspect ratio of Lig TV has been rectified.

Regards,
Liski
Posted By: Liski Re: LIGTV Picture Quality problems, please help - Mon 27 Sep 2010 05:14:PM
night_flight,

I glance at Pink Plus, Pink Extra and BN everyday since their arrival and they seem perfectly fine to me.

Regards,
Liski
Posted By: night_flight Re: LIGTV Picture Quality problems, please help - Mon 27 Sep 2010 06:04:PM
they used to be much better prior to ubi loosing them to tv plus even tarbs had em at a better quality....
Posted By: Coasty Re: LIGTV Picture Quality problems, please help - Mon 27 Sep 2010 10:42:PM
Originally Posted by Liski
Coasty,

The aspect ratio of Lig TV has been rectified.

Regards,
Liski

Hi Lisky I've now noticed that there are now horizontal black strips top and bottom whilst other channels are full screen.

Back when ligtv first started transmitting in May we didn't have this problem in quality, why has it changed?

Posted By: Coasty Re: LIGTV Picture Quality problems, please help - Mon 27 Sep 2010 11:42:PM
For example, this is what it used to look like..........

[Linked Image]

But now, there is the black strip on the top and on the bottom of the picture....

Can we please get it back to how it originally looked like in the above pic ?

Posted By: Liski Re: LIGTV Picture Quality problems, please help - Tue 28 Sep 2010 12:13:AM
Coasty,

Perhaps the new signal from Lig TV is in widescreen? What you're seeing now is the actual version we are now getting from Lig TV.

Maybe try some settings on either the STB or your TV to zoom in and convert it to a 4:3 picture.

If you have the Silver UEC STB head to Page 24;
http://www.ubiworldtv.com/userfiles/file/thd/uec_manual.pdf

If you have the Black Humax STB head to Page GB40;
http://www.ubiworldtv.com/userfiles/file/thd/humax_manual.pdf

Regards,
Liski
Posted By: Coasty Re: LIGTV Picture Quality problems, please help - Tue 28 Sep 2010 12:18:AM
Hey Liski,

Thanks for the quick reply back.

This morning at around 9am the picture was not like how it is right now, is that something you guys changed or something that LigTV changed ?

I have gone through the STB settings and my TV settings and everything is set to Auto.

Posted By: Liski Re: LIGTV Picture Quality problems, please help - Tue 28 Sep 2010 12:23:AM
Coasty,

All that was done was reset the STB.

Regards,
Liski
Posted By: Coasty Re: LIGTV Picture Quality problems, please help - Tue 28 Sep 2010 12:33:AM
Originally Posted by Liski
Coasty,

All that was done was reset the STB.

Regards,
Liski

So you guys did a reset on the channel from UBI headquarters ?

Posted By: Coasty Re: LIGTV Picture Quality problems, please help - Tue 28 Sep 2010 02:43:AM
Liski....

If it's possible, I noticed there is HD kanal 377 near the LigTV logo, is it possible to just switch back to normal LigTV as having it HD in Australia is not gonna make a difference to the transmission as we are still receiving it via Analogue anyway, which is why it used to be much clearer before switching to that HD version ?

Sorry mate, im just hoping you can help out, im sure you have also noticed the "downgrade" in picture quality...

Posted By: Liski Re: LIGTV Picture Quality problems, please help - Tue 28 Sep 2010 05:33:PM
Coasty,

It is not HD. It is simply advising viewers (in Turkey) that Lig TV HD is available on Channel 377 (on DigiTurk).

If it was HD then you wouldn't be able to watch it on UBI as the UEC and Humax STBs aren't HD-capable.

The current Lig TV you are watching now is in widescreen. I wouldn't call going from 4:3 to widescreen a "downgrade"

I hope I have been of assistance in this matter but I'm unable to offer any further assistance.

Regards,
Liski
Posted By: Coasty Re: LIGTV Picture Quality problems, please help - Fri 15 Oct 2010 10:33:PM
Hi Liski,

The picture is back to 16:9 again with black top and bottom strips, this is changing randomly?

Hopefully you guys have a contact at Digiturk/Ligtv that you can discuss this issue with, the text and ligtv logo is not clear and it's blurry.

© AUS-CITY Message Forums