AUS-CITY
Posted By: e4elietto UEC - E69 IRD Disabled :( - Sat 06 Nov 2010 07:47:PM
Hi there, all time reader, first time poster.

I recently cancelled my UBI subscription as I thought MySat was much better.

It came to today when my subscription stopped and my box got blocked by a message that says "E69 IRD Disabled"
Now dont tell me I payed $200 for a paperweight box?
Is there a way to get UBI to unblock this for me or a way to get around it?
After reading some older posts, this method was used to stop piracy or hackers from doing anything. Hasn't UBI changed their encryption technology to something thats much better than their old one?

Please help me as I might use this box to acces the FTA channels for channel 10 9 abc sbs etc.

Thanks for your help
Posted By: LAZER Re: UEC - E69 IRD Disabled :( - Sat 06 Nov 2010 08:19:PM
The box is a satellite box and will not be able to recieve regular FTA channels with your TV Antenna.

The only FTA channels like the ones your looking on satellite are on Optus D1 and there is only SBS and ABC FTA on there.

Or if your in a remote area and are eligible for the VAST service they will supply you with there box to receive the FTA channels 9 10 etc via satellite.

But I'm sure if you ring and tell them you paid for the box I don't think they will refuse unlocking the box.
Posted By: e4elietto Re: UEC - E69 IRD Disabled :( - Sat 06 Nov 2010 10:57:PM
Thanks Lazer

My only issue is they shouldn't block it though, only the UBI channels.

And besides I really desperately don't want to go through their painful call centre as they just don't help, they stick with what they're trained and don't help but will use it as a last resort. I read an older thread that said try doing a rescan of the box BUT dont scan for ANY UBI or Selec TV channels but just the FTA ones. Do you think it still works? This worked for the MDS boxes.
Posted By: LAZER Re: UEC - E69 IRD Disabled :( - Mon 08 Nov 2010 09:05:AM
If its locked its locked you won't be able to scan nothing in or enter any frequencies until its unlocked...
Posted By: e4elietto Re: UEC - E69 IRD Disabled :( - Mon 08 Nov 2010 09:20:PM
I pretty much can do anything and everything, but some channels are not viewable and only some more advanced options cant be altered.
If I was to call UBI, would they help me out and unlock or just tell me to get lost. What do you think fair trading do for me?
Posted By: LAZER Re: UEC - E69 IRD Disabled :( - Mon 08 Nov 2010 10:01:PM
Maybe some of the channels you are trying to watch are not FTA? thats why they are not viewable perhaps?

Not sure mate, you could try I guess they might help.
© AUS-CITY Message Forums