AUS-CITY
Posted By: George L greek channels and RIK Sat - Wed 22 Jun 2011 09:38:AM
Hey

Anyone else experiencing problems?

And what's the deal with removing RIK from UBI Service?

I've noticed that there are changes in the packages on the UBI website, and Ant Pacific is listed there..
No actual announcement has been made though on their website in regards to any of these changes (a bit unprofessional in my opinion).
Posted By: Liski Re: greek channels and RIK Sat - Wed 22 Jun 2011 09:47:AM
Dear George L,

What issues are you experiencing?

Effective 18 June, RIK Sat stopped being officially offered on the UBI platform due to the commercial viability of the channel.

On 10 June, UBI launched Antenna Pacific and Ant1 89.1 FM which are now included in the new “Ola Mazi” Greek package at $69.95 p/m.

The loyal Greek subscribers who are on the old Greek package at $64.95 p/m, will also have access to Antenna Pacific and Ant1 89.1 FM. Their subscription fee will be frozen at $64.95 p/m until 31 Dec 11 or until the end of their contract term.

The website was updated per the channel changes which would make it an official announcement and as such I don't see how this should be deemed unprofessional.

Regards,
Liski
Posted By: George L Re: greek channels and RIK Sat - Wed 22 Jun 2011 01:59:PM
Hey Liski

Sorry forgot to specify my initial problem;
All our greek channels have been replaced with turkish and arab channels (probably because my old man refused to have someone come to our house and move the satellite.. and might have something to do with new packages)

Doesn't really matter anymore though, my old man just sent in the form to stop the subscription as he wasn't happy another Cypriot channel was taken off air (first Sigma and now Rik).

As for the announcements i was referring to the ubi website, under recent news & events, the last thing posted was in December 2010.. nothing about the new service packages.

Cheers for your reply Liski
Posted By: Liski Re: greek channels and RIK Sat - Thu 23 Jun 2011 12:26:AM
Dear George L,

Your Greek Service wasn't replaced with Turkish and Arabic channels but in fact the Greek Service was moved to Intelsat 8, hence why your father would have been advised that a free repoint would be needed but rejected by him as you state to be able to continue viewing the Greek Service.

Sigma was removed back in 2008 as Sigma ceased to be made available on satellite for anyone outside of Cyprus.

The News & Events is for news and events that are happening in the ethnic community or events that UBI are attending or sponsoring.

Regards,
Liski
© AUS-CITY Message Forums