AUS-CITY
Posted By: hellasafrica Greek channels on Telstar 10/Antenna - Mon 27 Jun 2011 08:12:PM
I am a subscriber from Cape Town in South Africa.Last week Alter Globe disappeared from my channel list with no warning or replacement channel.This is the 4th Greek channel thats been removed from us African subscribers in the last 3 years with no replacements for any of them.Strangely the subscription price has remained the same.
I also see on UBI's website that Antenna Pacific and Antenna Radio are being offered to UBI's Australian subscribers.
We In the Africa region also want to receive this channel,please UBI add it to your line up.
It would be nice for UBI to give us the best Greek channel (no 1 rated)especially in light of how many channels have been removed and not replaced.Looking Forward to a reply from UBI.
Posted By: Liski Re: Greek channels on Telstar 10/Antenna - Mon 27 Jun 2011 11:02:PM
Dear hellasafrica,

As has been mentioned in the past, if you have a question regarding the UBI World TV Service kindly send them to africa@ubiworldtv.com

UBI terminated the agreement with Alter Globe due to the reduction of programming. There is no information regarding the return of Alter Globe.

At this point in time I have no information if there are plans for any new channels. From time to time vary the UBI World TV Services including the channels due to our relationship with third party suppliers and to maintain commercial viability.

There are numerous expenses in providing a Greek service to viewers in your region. UBI has and continues to absorb most of the fees in order to maintain the same subscription fee.

Antenna Pacific is created for the Pacific region and UBI only provides it on the UBI platform in Australia.

Regards,
Liski
© AUS-CITY Message Forums