AUS-CITY
UBI has closed the doors as of this afternoon Sydney time, Wednesday 23rd May 2012.

Transmission is continuing at this stage.
Wowww this is a suprise what has happened this time round?? cannot believe they are shutting down how did this happen....
They went into voluntary receivership a week earlier. The administrator then after examining over that time on Wednesday afternoon made his decision to close UBI.

All the staff except one are now put off and the doors are closed. The transmission continues for now as there 'may' be a buyer. But if no one buys, it will be shutdown.

Ouch! Sympathies out to the families affected by the closure frown

I know many people (Greek-Australian community) were entirely antithetical to the changes made in the Greek line-up, by severing it from the rest of the line up. I don't know how many or, if any, left. What I'm trying to say is, was it a purely lack of cash flow problem, or was it a deeper, structural flaw?

Thanks, Webmaster, as always, for the heads up. Are we allowed to know who the potential buyer is at this stage? Have there been any development since your last post?
One issue was too much piracy, that really hurt the cash flow.

Have not heard much about a buyer. No doubt it will get shutdown if nothing is in the wind, the transponder costs are very high along with the fibre costs for incoming programs.
Hi,

So it looks like it's finally over.

I don't understand why ERT is scrambled as it's FTA, as is 4E. Had ubi bought exclusivity rights???

I have a homecast stb, is there another sat that is transmitting at least ERT? I read on another forum that 'mysat' may have ERT on there, can anyone confirm.

Just as a heads up, for about a year now, I've been subscribing to www.greekiptv.com and been receiving via live stream a number of greek channels, via our htpc. Only problem is Australia's Internet. And with Greek elections on the weekend, last thing we need are incessant bufferings!
All transmissions have ceased and the facility is now dark. That's the end of UBI now.
ERT World the greek channel on UBI frequency 12608 H is still being broadcast what will happen to this channel?
Its official. The Administrators have decided to liquidate UBI. All the assets are to be sold.
© AUS-CITY Message Forums