AUS-CITY
Posted By: Liski UBI UEC DSD 990 - Questions & Answers - Fri 09 Jun 2006 09:47:PM
UBI UEC DSD 990 - Questions & Answers<br /><br />Got a question? Post it here and I'll do my best to answer it.<br /><br />This is a strickly for Questions & Answers. Any posts that are not questions or not on topic will be deleted.<br /><br />Do not post any comments or opinions. The previous thread is now open again for posting of any comments or opinions.
Posted By: Liski Re: UBI UEC DSD 990 - Questions & Answers - Fri 09 Jun 2006 09:49:PM
Previous Questions:<br /><br />Q: Where is my UBI STB/Why haven’t I been upgraded?<br />A: It is on the way. All UBI customers will be upgraded before Irdeto2 is switched on. If your details are up to date then you will be contacted by an authorised UBI installer to make an appointment.<br /><br />Q: Does the UEC DSD 990 have a Ctick?<br />A: Yes<br /><br />Q: Will the delay in changing channels be fixed?<br />A: Yes, with a software update<br /><br />Q: Will the click sound when changing some channels be fixed?<br />A: Yes, with a software update<br /><br />Q: Can the nagivation arrows be used to change channels?<br />A: At the moment they can be used. Press Info then using the up and down arrows surf to the desired channel and then press OK to view the channel
Posted By: Dan04 Re: UBI UEC DSD 990 - Questions & Answers - Sat 10 Jun 2006 09:09:AM
Monday 12th June is Queens birthday, Tuesday Wednesday, Thursday, 3 days left for the box I wonder if ppl will receive it by June 15....
Posted By: Liski Re: UBI UEC DSD 990 - Questions & Answers - Sat 10 Jun 2006 02:36:PM
Dan04,<br /><br />If all customers are not upgraded by the 15th then UBI will move the Irdeto2 date for a few days to make sure everyone has the new UBI STB. As mentioned many times all customers will have the UBI STB before Irdeto2 is switched on.
Posted By: ekhazen5 Re: UBI UEC DSD 990 - Questions & Answers - Sun 11 Jun 2006 02:03:AM
will all ubi costomers be able to use the tv guide to search for the programs and times or they still have to wait more? and by the way those boxes are really good
Posted By: Liski Re: UBI UEC DSD 990 - Questions & Answers - Sun 11 Jun 2006 02:10:AM
ekhazen5,<br /><br />I would say that only ANA & Vizyon will have the EPG for now. It is very hard and time consuming to get the TV Guide from each and every international broadcaster.
Posted By: ribra Re: UBI UEC DSD 990 - Questions & Answers - Sun 11 Jun 2006 01:27:PM
How can I set the new box to receive FTA Channels?
Posted By: Liski Re: UBI UEC DSD 990 - Questions & Answers - Sun 11 Jun 2006 11:53:PM
ribra,<br /><br />Once UBI switch on Iredto2 the UBI STB will be able to pick up any FTA channel that is on Optus B3.
Posted By: LAZER Re: UBI UEC DSD 990 - Questions & Answers - Sun 25 Jun 2006 09:11:AM
Smile smile
Posted By: Narsil Re: UBI UEC DSD 990 - Questions & Answers - Wed 12 Jul 2006 03:37:AM
[]Previous Questions:<br /><br />Q: Will the click sound when changing some channels be fixed?<br />A: Yes, with a software update[/]<br /><br />It's great to see the channels are much speedier! But I am still getting the click sound when changing some channels. It does not feel as often as before, but still happens a fair bit. Anyone else having this problem?
Posted By: bjh Re: UBI UEC DSD 990 - Questions & Answers - Wed 12 Jul 2006 06:09:PM
Hi Liski, I've got a guestion...<br /><br />when the technician swapped my old box with the new box, he told me that we have to change to channel 59 (I'm not quite sure if this is the right number) to view UBI channels.<br /><br />yesterday, by mistake someone at home pressed the green button in the remote control and changed the channel to 21 and exit. I didn't know that this happened, so I re-tuned the TV channel and got UBI channels.<br /><br />The question is, should I revert back to the original channel number (59) or it doesn't matter? is this will be an issue after encryption?<br /><br />Thanks
Posted By: Liski Re: UBI UEC DSD 990 - Questions & Answers - Wed 12 Jul 2006 06:24:PM
bjh,<br /><br />You have changed the output from 59 > 21 and have retuned the TV and got the UBI back on the TV then leave it as it is since it's working. Please write cross out UHF59 on the pink Upgrade Service Order and put UHF21 so you won't forget also write down your new tuning settings.<br /><br />If you wish PM me your Customer ID and I will add UHF21 to your account incase you ever misplace the SO.
Posted By: bjh Re: UBI UEC DSD 990 - Questions & Answers - Wed 12 Jul 2006 06:29:PM
Thanks Liski for your prompt response. I'll pm you with my customer ID when I return home tonight.<br /><br />What do you mean by "... also write down your new tuning settings." is that something different than UHF21?<br /><br />Thanks
Posted By: Liski Re: UBI UEC DSD 990 - Questions & Answers - Wed 12 Jul 2006 06:48:PM
bjh,<br /><br />Well there is the "Installation Details" where it has tuning info UBI-TV, UBI-VCR and VCR-TV as well as the UHF output in the notes section.
Posted By: bjh Re: UBI UEC DSD 990 - Questions & Answers - Wed 12 Jul 2006 06:52:PM
ok, thanks
Posted By: bjh Re: UBI UEC DSD 990 - Questions & Answers - Fri 14 Jul 2006 12:01:AM
Hi Liski, I've sent you a PM but it's not showing in my Sent Messages! Have you received it? am I allowed to PM?
© AUS-CITY Message Forums