AUS-CITY
Posted By: The_Artist UBI 13-CHNNELS - Thu 27 Jul 2006 02:46:AM
I rang UBI today and I spoke with one of the represntitive he mention there will be kids and sport channles from the new list they have, I asked him if there will be any arabic channels with them he said there will be few arabic channels aswell with some other forign languages. finally he said we trying to get back all the channels that used to be on TARBS.
Posted By: Liski Re: UBI 13-CHNNELS - Thu 27 Jul 2006 07:10:AM
MR_TRANSPONDER,

UBI are negotiating with several prominent broadcasters from the middle east and our commitment is to have the best and most comprehensive Arabic package on the market.

If you could please PM me the name of the person you spoke to.
Posted By: mule Re: UBI 13-CHNNELS - Tue 01 Aug 2006 12:55:AM
Originally Posted by MR_TRANSPONDER
finally he said we trying to get back all the channels that used to be on TARBS.
well, that's not true according to what UBI tell me. it looks like the Italian community, the biggest non English speaking community in Australia, is not in UBI's plans, while TARBS used to offer FIVE Italian channels...
20+ Arabic channels v. ZERO Italian!
Posted By: jaremt Re: UBI 13-CHNNELS - Tue 01 Aug 2006 03:10:AM
Bad luck for the Italians because when I was an installer i can tell you this that most of the Pirate TARBS setup that i knew of 80% were Italians for the Italian channels and the rest were for the balkans people. About time UBI got rid of the MDS system to something more secure that only the super smart can get around the new V5 cards via C/Sharing. So go and pay for it if UBI ever bother to get them back.
Posted By: The_Artist Re: UBI 13-CHNNELS - Tue 01 Aug 2006 03:52:AM
UBI should provide channels that goes by poll according to the viewers for instance ask the customers what they would like to watch and then bring channels that deservs to be paid for ..the only reason im with UBI is that they've got Iraqi channels, well?, thats good but it dosnt mean i dont want arabic channels that makes sense of giving an enjoyble time of broadcasting, guys..Australia is like so far away its hard to get FTA channels from the middle east and subscribe to UBI, if liski can answer this question i'll garantee every one will join UBI. Are you willing to get every single channel from the middle east to UBI? and add english package too??
Posted By: Liski Re: UBI 13-CHNNELS - Tue 01 Aug 2006 06:01:AM
MR_TRANSPONDER,

Poll? I have requested people to send me their wishes through PM. When customers call UBI for any reason they usually put in requests so UBI have a rough idea of what channels our viewers want. It's not as simple as that, if it was then everyone would open a pay tv company. You can't just grab a channel and air it in Australia - most of them show alot of English content which would not be allowed to be shown here.

For example: From looking at your avatar you want MBC, MBC2 and MBC3 - MBC is already in an exclusive contract with another provider and MBC2/MBC3 are not international channels.
Posted By: The_Artist Re: UBI 13-CHNNELS - Tue 01 Aug 2006 06:40:AM
just a reminder liski, first of all MBC used to be on TARBS and its our rights as extarbs customers we need that channel back , secondly that MBC you talking about exclusive contract thats a different brodcasting signal it comes from America the MBC we used to have on TARBS was from Europe so there is different criteria here..anyways well..basically now these days all the channels seems to be international.
Posted By: Liski Re: UBI 13-CHNNELS - Tue 01 Aug 2006 06:59:AM
MR_TRANSPONDER,

Your signing up to UBI for the channels UBI has on offer and not what TARBS had.

It doesn't matter if its MBC America or MBC Europe it's still from MBC so it's the same when it comes to broadcasting rights.

As I've mentioned above UBI are negotiating with several prominent broadcasters from the middle east and our commitment is to have the best and most comprehensive Arabic package on the market.
Posted By: The_Artist Re: UBI 13-CHNNELS - Tue 01 Aug 2006 07:57:AM
ok great, well im telling you MBC Europe got more programs like live soccer matches wheather the other one dosnt show live soccer trust me im an expert about TV channels. AL-ARABIYA i hope that will be the case to negotiate for the near future for UBI arabic package.

Posted By: The_Artist Re: UBI 13-CHNNELS - Tue 01 Aug 2006 08:04:AM
Liski,

I really dont want to put you in a situation where you keep posting back trying to explain to me what UBI are trying to provide for their customers, because i understand the circumstances wheather you or the group of the UBI copmany going in..what im trying to say and i think what others aswell is that bring high comprehensive Arabic and non arabic channels to UBI, we not after a big number of channels but great package! Thank you.
© AUS-CITY Message Forums