AUS-CITY
Posted By: LAZER FOXTEL Channels Coming Soon to UBI World TV - Tue 09 Jan 2007 09:52:AM
Been told today that FOXTEL Channels will be starting on UBI in February smile

Don't know which ones or when in February exactly but there definately on there way YAYYY!!!! smile
Posted By: HoRnEyDvL Re: FOXTEL Channels Coming Soon to UBI World TV - Tue 09 Jan 2007 10:13:AM
I wonder which rep said that & if its true. Might be a rumor from a friend of a friend of a friend.
Posted By: Uruguay Re: FOXTEL Channels Coming Soon to UBI World TV - Tue 09 Jan 2007 03:03:PM
maybe true.

main event maybe the PPV Channel??
Posted By: roy4hire Re: FOXTEL Channels Coming Soon to UBI World TV - Tue 09 Jan 2007 10:03:PM
ppv, greek & world movies
Posted By: LAZER Re: FOXTEL Channels Coming Soon to UBI World TV - Tue 09 Jan 2007 10:13:PM
Will see what they are when they come on then won't we smile

Greek ( Ant1 ) and World Movies aren't Foxtel channels
Posted By: Liski Re: FOXTEL Channels Coming Soon to UBI World TV - Wed 10 Jan 2007 10:36:AM
Main Event isn't really an exciting channel for me.
Posted By: RATLSNAKE Re: FOXTEL Channels Coming Soon to UBI World TV - Wed 10 Jan 2007 10:51:AM
The only good thing about Main Event is WWE and Boxing, and to be honest they both really suck in the last 6 years. frown

So Liski, this is for real? This is great news for UBI. I so hope there will be some sport and documentary channels, but I know the family would love world movies and ANT-1. smile
Posted By: night_flight Re: FOXTEL Channels Coming Soon to UBI World TV - Wed 10 Jan 2007 12:22:PM
its funny yesterday foxtel cut tarbs and today...
Posted By: Amr Diab Re: FOXTEL Channels Coming Soon to UBI World TV - Wed 10 Jan 2007 01:04:PM
Thats great smile

Would love to know which channels wink
Posted By: LAZER Re: FOXTEL Channels Coming Soon to UBI World TV - Wed 10 Jan 2007 08:36:PM
Originally Posted by Amr Diab
Thats great smile

Would love to know which channels wink

Will all know when they come on.. wink
Posted By: roy4hire Re: FOXTEL Channels Coming Soon to UBI World TV - Wed 10 Jan 2007 10:09:PM
i hope espn but i doubt it. so is the new spanish channel starting in 2008 or do we have to wait a little bit longer maybe 2009?
Posted By: Liski Re: FOXTEL Channels Coming Soon to UBI World TV - Wed 10 Jan 2007 10:26:PM
roy4hire,

I'm pretty sure I've mentioned early 2007.
Posted By: reuder Re: FOXTEL Channels Coming Soon to UBI World TV - Wed 10 Jan 2007 11:38:PM
I highly doubt Foxtel will onsell it's owned and operated channels. If although they do, this will be an earth shattering event in Australian pay TV! A first, where Foxtel is willing to share it's channels with another provider, amazing! The likely outcome will be UBI getting OTHER channels not owned my Foxtel, probably something similar to what Tarbs had, with a few more channels thrown in.
Posted By: Liski Re: FOXTEL Channels Coming Soon to UBI World TV - Wed 10 Jan 2007 11:49:PM
reduer,

I can't confirm or deny these reports - it's best to wait and see but knowing how this forum works I can bet it will be gossip and rumours until the truth comes out as to what the plans are.
Posted By: reuder Re: FOXTEL Channels Coming Soon to UBI World TV - Thu 11 Jan 2007 12:08:AM
Originally Posted by Liski
reduer,

I can't confirm or deny these reports - it's best to wait and see but knowing how this forum works I can bet it will be gossip and rumours until the truth comes out as to what the plans are.

Liski,

Well ofcourse, otherwise this place is pretty boring!
I'm just thinking logically! Foxtel has been so anti competitive for all these years, what's changed? The ACCC hasn't done anything, why would Foxtel 'help' out anyone since it's got a complete monopoly in Australia. It just doesn't seem logical especially with the rise of pay tv, why would Foxtel do ANYTHING to derail this growth?
Posted By: apsattv Re: FOXTEL Channels Coming Soon to UBI World TV - Thu 11 Jan 2007 05:17:AM
Well all this talk is nice, but if you read the Apsattv predictions for 2007 you would of already read Foxtel+UBI in shock partnership...........

p.s liski packed your bags for your holiday yet???
Posted By: LAZER Re: FOXTEL Channels Coming Soon to UBI World TV - Thu 11 Jan 2007 05:22:AM
Yeah and your predictions have also been saying something about Impact TV for the last 3 years yet that hasent happened :P smile
Posted By: Liski Re: FOXTEL Channels Coming Soon to UBI World TV - Thu 11 Jan 2007 05:36:AM
If your talking about my trip to Thailand then yes. Your holiday prediction wasn't funny.
Posted By: apsattv Re: FOXTEL Channels Coming Soon to UBI World TV - Thu 11 Jan 2007 07:56:AM
Originally Posted by LAZERSAT
Yeah and your predictions have also been saying something about Impact TV for the last 3 years yet that hasent happened :P smile

I also predict a heart attack for Rupert Murdoch every year, that's not happened yet. But we live in hope!

Hmm I had the Foxtel/UBI shock deal causing Auscity to crash..Hmm I couldn't get through to auscity yesterday. Can anyone confirm it was offline?

Don't worry Liski, the UBI Helpdesk remains safe as long as G.W Bush stays out of Australia.
Posted By: ShaRp Re: FOXTEL Channels Coming Soon to UBI World TV - Fri 12 Jan 2007 12:42:AM
I would prefer UBI channels on foxtel (or optus digital) not the other way around.
Like, X package of foxtel (or optus digital)with UBI's Turkish package. smile
hear me Lazer :p
Posted By: reuder Re: FOXTEL Channels Coming Soon to UBI World TV - Fri 12 Jan 2007 02:36:AM
Originally Posted by ShaRp
I would prefer UBI channels on foxtel (or optus digital) not the other way around.

UBI Automated Response: You just never know! (jokes liski)
Posted By: LAZER Re: FOXTEL Channels Coming Soon to UBI World TV - Fri 12 Jan 2007 04:00:AM
Originally Posted by ShaRp

I hear ya! but I doubt it ... smile
© AUS-CITY Message Forums