Posted By: Liski Re: UBI Greek Packages - Sun 06 May 2007 08:00:PM
HQ Version

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Stratos Re: UBI Greek Packages - Tue 08 May 2007 02:45:AM
they r not bad deals...
Posted By: RATLSNAKE Re: UBI Greek Packages - Thu 10 May 2007 10:23:PM
No they aren't bad deals, however for so long Greek viewers have been getting all those channels listed for 59.95 PLUS every other UBI language channel. frown Now we will only have the Greek ones.

Granted I don't watch all of the other language channels, but some have some good international movies or sports that I enjoyed watching.
Posted By: Liski Re: UBI Greek Packages - Fri 11 May 2007 06:25:AM
I don't know the reason but one reason could be that the broadcasters get paid per view so to keep costs down they have had to alter the UBI packages. I'm only speculating!

You did loose most of them but at least AL Jazeera International will remain park of the Greek package.
Posted By: joe_br Re: UBI Greek Packages - Fri 11 May 2007 02:20:PM
Originally Posted by RATLSNAKE
No they aren't bad deals, however for so long Greek viewers have been getting all those channels listed for 59.95 PLUS every other UBI language channel. frown Now we will only have the Greek ones.

Granted I don't watch all of the other language channels, but some have some good international movies or sports that I enjoyed watching.

I am of the same opinion.
I have been paying 59.95 + 9.95 for TVGLOBO (fair enough) It was my choice.

I think subscribers should have a choice of keeping the current deal... I mean all channels.

I think UBI should see this as a marketing freeby.

How many times I have shown my friends the channels from their homelands ?! Some may have subscribed because of this ...

I don't watch them... but frequently I flick through all channels.

Why block all 'standard' channels ?!
Keep the deal as it is..

Joe
Posted By: Liski Re: UBI Greek Packages - Sat 12 May 2007 03:39:AM
joe_br,

You will shortly be paying $39.95 a month for RTP and SIC plus an extra $9.95 for TV Globo. Head to http://www.ubiworldtv.com/packageBreakdown.asp?DisplayType=Basic and you will see the new package pricing.

Why block all 'standard' channels? As I suggested earlier maybe the broadcasters have requested to be paid per subscriber. People have wanted to be able to just select their language service, now they have the option. Given that option UBI have been able to provide the Balkan and Persian at half the price! If you wish to get all the channels expect the Add Ons then the World TV package is an option for $74.95
© AUS-CITY Message Forums