AUS-CITY
Posted By: mike9481 FTA on B3 with UBI box - Thu 30 Aug 2007 06:24:PM
Hi,
Are people having trouble recieving the FTA channels with the UBI box. I can get all UBI channels but when I go to swith to the FTA channels they are all blank. I have tried rescanning and also resetting the box, they come on for about a minute but then they just disappear.
Posted By: LAZER Re: FTA on B3 with UBI box - Thu 30 Aug 2007 06:38:PM
I just tried 12525 channels and there working fine here... ?
Posted By: Liski Re: FTA on B3 with UBI box - Thu 30 Aug 2007 07:10:PM
mike9481,

If the channels are black but can see the iplate when you go to Public you will need to hold done the first 2 buttons from the left on the STB for 5 sec which will reset the STB, once complete the Public channels should show.
Posted By: Turkmen Re: FTA on B3 with UBI box - Tue 02 Oct 2007 07:43:PM
Liski,
i have the same problem, when i select public bouquet the channels dont show, the screen is all black but can see the channel labels. while on FTA channels when i try to check the signal its showing the signal of a UBI channel, so the box doesnt switch from UBI to FTA channels. when i reset the box after a couple of trials the FTA channels come back but then after a few minutes they dissapear again.. resetting by pressing the 2 buttons on the box doesnt help, it searches and comes back and still FTA channels not working. and it hasnt been a year since i bought my box, the FTA channels were working at the beginning but since 2 months its not working.
i am very annoyed about this cos there are some valuable tv stations there which i am unable to watch.
can you please tell me the solution to this?...
Posted By: Liski Re: FTA on B3 with UBI box - Tue 02 Oct 2007 08:19:PM
The only solution that I’m aware of is that you need to manually reset the STB from the front when you get to public which will reboot the STB and send you back to the UBI mode, once there get to the Public mode and the Public channels should be fine.
Posted By: alcatron Re: FTA on B3 with UBI box - Wed 03 Oct 2007 12:37:AM
Ive had this problem also a fair few times.. only way to resolve was reset box
Posted By: Turkmen Re: FTA on B3 with UBI box - Wed 03 Oct 2007 01:27:AM
Originally Posted by Liski
The only solution that I’m aware of is that you need to manually reset the STB from the front when you get to public which will reboot the STB and send you back to the UBI mode, once there get to the Public mode and the Public channels should be fine.

it doesnt always work, it works like 1 in 5 times or so..
if the box is replaced will this fix the problem?
Posted By: HoRnEyDvL Re: FTA on B3 with UBI box - Wed 03 Oct 2007 01:58:AM
Well last time i checked the UBI box was designed to pick up the UBI signal, Hence Ubi mode working fine! I dont think UBI will replace your box if its not picking up the public chans as ubi don't sell nor broadcast the public chans.

MY 2 cents
Posted By: Turkmen Re: FTA on B3 with UBI box - Wed 03 Oct 2007 10:50:AM
but its not fair that its working in some and it doesnt in others, this isnt our fault...
© AUS-CITY Message Forums