AUS-CITY
Posted By: Robert Refer A Friend - Fri 04 Jan 2008 06:02:PM
Liski my Mrs is pesting me to switch over to UBI from the "other" Spanish service. Other than reposition the disk and change settings can I continue to use my Humax Box and just order the card?
Posted By: Liski Re: Refer A Friend - Fri 04 Jan 2008 07:15:PM
Robert,

UBI doesn't provide a Smartcard Only service. The current offer is get the first month free + free activation + a month free to a friend or relative who has UBI already.

Seeing as your from Sydney the cost of the STB + Repoint would be $200 and your first month subscription being $0!
Posted By: Robert Re: Refer A Friend - Fri 04 Jan 2008 08:13:PM
Thanks Liski so can I assume that I will be renting the STB or will I buy it? How quick can I get all of this done?
Posted By: Liski Re: Refer A Friend - Fri 04 Jan 2008 08:51:PM
Robert,

The STB itself is yours to keep, the Smartcard must be returned if you decide to terminate once your contract term is over.

The turn around time is usually a day or 2 smile If you call on Monday, you should be re pointed and watching UBI by Tuesday afternoon.

Out of curiosity are you after the Spanish or Chilean package?
Posted By: Robert Re: Refer A Friend - Fri 04 Jan 2008 09:14:PM
Thanks Liski for your prompt responses. Yes we have been subscibing for quite a while to 'Se...' TV as my wife watches TV Chile all day. She has been debating on moving over to UBI and recive the Chilean package as shee din't want to loose TV Chile. She now decided on the Spanish package so it is going to cost me a bit more. We are also subscribed to Foxtel. It would be nice if someone could offer a nice package for all of the above. But yes to your question it is the Spanish package that made it. Still disapointed that you don't offer a Smartcard Only service as I like to do the rest myself and safe some money.
Posted By: Liski Re: Refer A Friend - Sat 05 Jan 2008 02:26:AM
Robert,

Hopefully in the near future there will be a Smartcard Only service but at this point in time it's easier offering only one option and making sure all subscribers receive the same service.

Being from a Chilean background you will both enjoy Chilevision, which is constantly being improved with even more shows and soap operas in 2008, hopefully showing some of their back catalogue that hasn't been shown outside of Chile before. Also Latinoamerica TV has become quite popular due to the mix of content and plus has the most popular UC13 content from Chile.
Posted By: Robert Re: Refer A Friend - Sat 05 Jan 2008 04:26:PM
Thanks Liski I will wait for the Smatcard Only Service. I hope it will be soon
Posted By: Liski Re: Refer A Friend - Sat 05 Jan 2008 09:10:PM
Robert,

As I said before, I hope it's in the near future but I wouldn't hold my breath and wait for it to happen soon.

If your looking at joining, I'd join soon and not wait for a Smartcard Only service.
Posted By: Robert Re: Refer A Friend - Sat 05 Jan 2008 09:33:PM
Liski
Thanks once again but I think it is a big ask to ask us to buy a STB if we already have one. Also if we do not longer subcribe in the future we will not get any money back on the box. I am happy to pay for the service but UBI are different to any other supplier. I am interested in the service but don't have money to throw away so I will keep tuned.
Posted By: Robert Re: Refer A Friend - Tue 08 Jan 2008 09:10:PM
Liski
You win. They are coming to install it tomorrow. I hope it is worthwhile. The Mrs kept the pressure up.
Posted By: Liski Re: Refer A Friend - Wed 09 Jan 2008 11:13:AM
Robert,

Me win? smile You have, I'm sure you both will be happy with the content.

Chilevision have added two new comedies to their line up this month, "Club de la comedia Summer" and "Sin Verguenza".
Posted By: Robert Re: Refer A Friend - Wed 09 Jan 2008 05:02:PM
All done. Great service all working. Volume goes up and down sometimes any idea? Otherwise great service by the Technician, got to my place within 10 minutes of the appointment.The girls in the office did also do a good job. Where do you get the programs for the different channels? Thanks Liski
Posted By: Liski Re: Refer A Friend - Wed 09 Jan 2008 05:11:PM
Robert,

With regards to the volume - try and leave the STB volume at approx 75% and control the volume through the TV. Is it on all channels or just on some?

TV Guides http://www.ubiworldtv.com/guide.asp
Posted By: Robert Re: Refer A Friend - Wed 09 Jan 2008 05:47:PM
Thank will try and let you know
Posted By: Robert Re: Refer A Friend - Tue 15 Jan 2008 11:53:AM
liski all working OK I got the program of all Spanish package on one paper but I does not allow me to do it now. It asks for specific chanel any idea how I got it last time
Posted By: Liski Re: Refer A Friend - Tue 15 Jan 2008 04:09:PM
Robert,

I don't understand your question
Posted By: Robert Re: Refer A Friend - Tue 15 Jan 2008 04:23:PM
I am trying to print out the whole of the spanish program ( all of the chanels)and it allows me to only print every chanel one by one on a different paper. Therefore I end up with 7 papers instead of one with all of the progran for one week with all chanels. I hope this is clearer.
Posted By: Liski Re: Refer A Friend - Tue 15 Jan 2008 04:28:PM
If you choose the TV Guide for Cine Latino http://www.ubiworldtv.com/CinelatinoWeb.pdf you will be given a nice pdf with the following channels all in one:

Cine Latino
Tele
TVE
Chilevision
Latinoamerica TV
Canal de las Estrellas
TV Colombia
TL Novelas
De Pelicula
Ritomson Latino
Posted By: Robert Re: Refer A Friend - Tue 15 Jan 2008 06:53:PM
Great thanks works nicely