AUS-CITY
Posted By: dawn Is there an earthquake Map? - Thu 03 Mar 2011 07:36:PM
Hey Webmaster, I asked this on twitter, but I want to ask it here too in case the answer is longer than 140 characters. lol

Is anyone marking a map of all these earthquakes. Is there a map we can look at online?

Are so many earthquakes happening so much normal phenomena?

I look forward to your answers.

thinking

If I shouldn't have posted this question in this forum, please delete this post or move it to the appropriate forum.
Thanks.
angel
Posted By: Webmaster Re: Is there an earthquake Map? - Sun 06 Mar 2011 05:27:PM
Yes, the USGS and EMSC keep the maps. I have it on my desktop and IPad and you can set it to various magnitudes. There are 100's of small magnitude quakes a week < 3

I only track significant ones of >=5.0. They are always along the fault lines, or where the plates meet.
Posted By: dawn Re: Is there an earthquake Map? - Sun 06 Mar 2011 10:57:PM
cloud Thanks Mr.C.
I'll go surf out the maps they sound so interesting... and kind of scary too... I never knew the Earth was so active.
earthhug
Posted By: Dragonwyst Re: Is there an earthquake Map? - Mon 07 Mar 2011 12:04:AM
hey Dawn - that activity of the earth is essential for our survival. gaia is very much alive.
Posted By: dawn Re: Is there an earthquake Map? - Tue 08 Mar 2011 04:30:AM
Thanks Dragonwyst.
I agree, the Earth is a breather to be sure. I just didn't realize how active she is. Honestly, I'm amazed at the constant stream of 5.0 and aboves. Wow Cool! I learned something.
earthhug
© AUS-CITY Message Forums