AUS-CITY
Posted By: kimmo CX Database - Thu 21 Oct 2010 08:12:PM
Hi temporary-aussie-froggers,
the CX Database lives again! I took the old yahoo group database and edited it a bit and added the cars I know of. I host the database on www.citroenclubqld.org, click the CX Database on the front page.
It currently has only privately imported cars but I will add a section for Australian delivered cars as well.
I though about adding a photos for the cars as well, but that depends on how much of my working time I can spent on this project.
I have removed full names, email addresses and phone numbers of the owners. I can store them separately and available only by request.
I will relocate Bruce's GS database on the same host as well in the future.
Please email any additions and corrections to webmaster@citroenclubqld.org.

Cheers, -kimmo
Posted By: UFO Re: CX Database - Fri 22 Oct 2010 01:12:AM
Well who'd ever think that the old Citroen Aus yahoo site would be useful?
Posted By: kimmo Re: CX Database - Fri 22 Oct 2010 01:40:AM
Actually, I think I got the database from AF.
Posted By: UFO Re: CX Database - Fri 22 Oct 2010 01:48:AM
Bruce's database started on Citroen-Aus and there is also the Super, Pallas and GTi register.
Posted By: kimmo Re: CX Database - Fri 22 Oct 2010 09:54:AM
Would you have access to citroen-aus? I would like to add super,pallas and gti databases to the new database.

The Citroen CX Australian Story article published in AF few months ago would be a great addtition as well. I haven't got the contact details to the person who wrote it. Can anybody help on that please?
Posted By: Fingers Re: CX Database - Fri 22 Oct 2010 10:28:PM
I have 3 that I can add, 1 import (I think), and 2 local.
Posted By: Bruce_H Re: CX Database - Fri 22 Oct 2010 11:02:PM
Kimmo, I can still get into the Yahoo site, but I'm not sure what the formatting will look like if I copy the data. I'll try later tonight and email you. There wasn't much on the local vehicles.
Cheers
Bruce
Posted By: UFO Re: CX Database - Fri 22 Oct 2010 11:58:PM
The tables should export as comma delimited so should be useable in most situations.

Go for it and import to the Qld site.

Kimmo are you also going to introduce standardised email addresses for the Qld club executive (eg president@, secretary@ etc).
Posted By: kimmo Re: CX Database - Sat 23 Oct 2010 03:33:AM
I have received the files from Bruce and will incorporate the data. I am using html table format and there are csv to html converters available. However, looking at the size of super,palls&gti database I can just copy and paste it in a table.

We have now standard email addresses: president@citroenclubqld.org, webmaster@citroenclubqld.org, secretary@citroenclubqld.org.
Posted By: UFO Re: CX Database - Sat 23 Oct 2010 01:26:PM
Well done on both counts!
Posted By: IndianaCitroen Re: CX Database - Sun 24 Oct 2010 02:14:PM
i sent my details
Posted By: kimmo Re: CX Database - Sun 24 Oct 2010 05:02:PM
I added couple of photos in the database. They are now inline but I would probably have the photos behind links in the future so loading the database won't take too long...
I got some trouble with the Joomla table manager thingy and hence the format is not all that pretty yet.
© AUS-CITY Message Forums