AUS-CITY
Posted By: mlb Matt's 505 Project - Sun 24 Oct 2010 12:43:AM
I won't be giving a full on blow by blow description here, I'll wait until AF is back up and running for that.

But for those interested, I got the engine back together and competed in the hillclimb yesterday. A marathon session Wednesday night saw me out working until about 11pm, but it resulted in the engine being refitted and just about ready to go. Then just some final touchups the following night and Friday saw me all good to go.

Had monster traction issues on the gravel on Saturday, so I think the engine has reached the limits of the car in its current set up. To do any more to the engine would be a waste until I get the steering and suspension sorted.

But am very happy with the engine. It goes great and considering that it had done less than 100kms before having the living crap flogged out of it - it spent most of its time above 6,000, I've got welders flash from the shift light sunshine

More details to follow at a better time.

Matt
Posted By: RonB Re: Matt's 505 Project - Sun 24 Oct 2010 04:08:AM
Matt
Probably one of the last long threads that i read on AF1 was the story of your tale of this car - remind me what was it originally going to take to get it up and onto the track? Oh s**t there are so many smilies here that i can't decide which one to use!!
congrat's on getting it done - trust that it provides many happy hours of track time.
Posted By: Robjer Re: Matt's 505 Project - Sun 24 Oct 2010 05:58:PM
nice work Matt - this thread will not die and nor will your 505!
© AUS-CITY Message Forums