AUS-CITY
Posted By: binky Motor Classica - Sun 24 Oct 2010 02:09:AM
Anyone go to Motor Classica in Melbourne?

I went today. Not a lot of French stuff, but a beautiful display of cars nonetheless.

My Dad had his t-shirt signed by Sir Stirling Moss, and I took their photo together. My dad can remember seeing him race at Albert Park whilst sitting on his dad's (my grandfather's) shoulders. I thought that was a great moment and said to my dad "I bet when you were ten, you never thought that moment would ever happen!"

I was very happy for my dad...
Posted By: MelbMan Re: Motor Classica - Sun 24 Oct 2010 07:08:PM
Didn't get to go, but would have been a perfect day in Melbourne. This event is where all the motorshows should be @ the Exhibition Building. Not @ stupid Jeffs shed.
Posted By: dinolovesjess Re: Motor Classica - Sun 24 Oct 2010 07:17:PM
Originally Posted by MelbMan
Didn't get to go, but would have been a perfect day in Melbourne. This event is where all the motorshows should be @ the Exhibition Building. Not @ stupid Jeffs shed.

Its a beautiful building but unfortunately to small to host something like the "motor show"...hell it would struggle with auto-saloon...and every year the hot rods turn up there is spillage....
I kinda like that one building hosts the everyday and ordinary and the other the more prized and spectacular vehicles...

clink

dino
Posted By: brendan Re: Motor Classica - Sun 24 Oct 2010 09:52:PM
Tried, and really mean tried, to go but after a 35 minute trip in then spent 50 minute looking for parking spot using all my 'guile and cunning' gave up and went home!
Always wanted to see a Tucker after hearing Tom Waits name check one in a song.
Posted By: peujohn Re: Motor Classica - Mon 25 Oct 2010 02:29:AM
I went, a fabulous show. It was great that you could get right up close to the cars too, no barriers around most of them.

Most impressive car for me was the Daimler Double Six from the 1920s. Absolutely stunning and just HUGE!
© AUS-CITY Message Forums