AUS-CITY
Posted By: Armidillo Any 406 HDi wagons for sale? - Mon 25 Oct 2010 04:38:PM
Oldest son and girlfriend slid off a gravel road near Tamworth yesterday and hit a tree. They are fine but car (Nissan Pathfinder) looks like a write-off.

They are mountain-bikers and campers and need a fairly roomy vehicle. Tim is open to the idea of a 406 HDi wagon, but the supply seems to have dried up... Anyone know of one for sale?

In the mean-time I have lent them the 605... A bit boring perhaps, but hoepfully safe.
Posted By: Schlemiel Re: Any 406 HDi wagons for sale? - Mon 25 Oct 2010 11:54:PM
Hi Alec, what about an earlier C5 wagon? They're cheap enough now and probably within the scope of serviceability that a D9 pug might offer. (Did you end up buying a fake Lexia/Planet?)

Glad they're OK; hope they look after your 605.
Posted By: Armidillo Re: Any 406 HDi wagons for sale? - Tue 26 Oct 2010 02:24:AM
Originally Posted by Schlemiel
Hi Alec, what about an earlier C5 wagon? They're cheap enough now and probably within the scope of serviceability that a D9 pug might offer. (Did you end up buying a fake Lexia/Planet?)

Glad they're OK; hope they look after your 605.

Hi Adam - yes I hope so too! They completed a very boring but safe drive back to Canberra today via Wellington & Cowra.

Yes I agree re. C5, but it would ideally be a diesel and manual (I am concerned about the AL4 transmission in a 2nd hand vehicle - you can't be sure how it's been treated). They are as rare as rocking horse teeth!

Ironically there is one for sale on ebay as we speak that ticks all boxes, but the auction ends too soon for me to have any hope of getting up to Brisbane to inspect it in time...

I have't done anything about car diagnosis - main concern ATM is knocking from front end of Xantia at low speeds. Have eliminated sway-bar drop links...
Posted By: Armidillo Re: Any 406 HDi wagons for sale? - Tue 26 Oct 2010 11:39:AM
Originally Posted by Armidillo

Ironically there is one for sale on ebay as we speak that ticks all boxes, but the auction ends too soon for me to have any hope of getting up to Brisbane to inspect it in time...

Well it is a wagon and it is manual - 2 out of 3 aint bad!blush
© AUS-CITY Message Forums