AUS-CITY

I have seen the light. Or more specifically, I have seen the brightness, contrast, and pixel density.

After weeks of testing, I’m ready to declare the iPhone 12’s Full HD (1920x1080, or 1080p) screen just as good as the Note 20 Ultra’s WQHD (2560x1440) one, if not better. Android phone makers have convinced us that we need 2K or higher screens to get the best viewing experience, but that’s just not the case.

I don’t want to make this about Apple vs Android, but the fact of the matter is, we never needed displays with WQHD+ resolution. We simply wanted them--or rather, phone makers convinced us that we wanted them. Full HD displays have become relegated to budget Android phones as more emphasis is placed on immersive, edge-to-edge, pixel-packed experiences. You need look no further than DisplayMate's iPhone 12 Pro Max OLED Display Shoot-Out to see how wrong that thinking is: The iPhone 12's Full HD display received the highest-ever A+ display performance grade.

To read this article in full, please click here

Source: Sorry Android fans, Apple is right: 1080p is all we need for smartphone screens
© AUS-CITY Message Forums