AUS-CITY
Posted By: Webmaster Digital TV in Australia - Sat 09 Jun 2001 03:06:PM
Members,<P>What are peoples experience and feelings on the digital terresterial transmissions? I have looked at them closely and I am not really impressed at the data rate and the images are full of mpeg artifacts if you look close enough.<P>Sure the 16x9 is okay, but at the cost of overly compressed video. A good way to 'tease' you into the HDTV digital transmissions by over compressing the standard definition digital.<P>Big thumbs down, I will be remaining analogue right up to the end!
Posted By: frankfly Re: Digital TV in Australia - Sun 12 Aug 2001 07:44:AM
Not wrong David..<P>Am I correct in believing that the expensive set top boxes on sale at the moment only convert the digital signal back to analog to be watched by normal a TV..<P>Why bother ??<P>Me thinks people will be better off taking up the new Opus digital cable TV service, at least you can surf the net as well etc etc... []images/icons/default/mad.gif" border="0[/]
Posted By: Webmaster Re: Digital TV in Australia - Sun 12 Aug 2001 12:36:AM
Hi Frank []images/icons/default/smile.gif" border="0[/]<P>Yes the set top decoders just change the DVB-T signal back into analog for your conventional TV.<P>However even the true Digital TVs, I have seen some over compression on the channels. Much like compressing too many channels on a satellite transponder, you get reduced quality.<P>Much the same as a digital mobile to digital mobile call. Ever noticed how digitised and 'tinny' it sounds? Same sort of analogy.<P>Cheers,<P>Dave
© AUS-CITY Message Forums