AUS-CITY
Posted By: frankfly Chrysler Strokers - Tue 17 Apr 2001 07:39:AM
Any one know of any web sites that deal with small block Chrysler stroker kiting in Australia ?<P>How about Chrysler alloy small block conversion kits for the 928 Porsche.<P>I know of chevy ones, but I want a Dodge...<P>Are there any small block Chrysler motors made today in production simular to the Chevy 350 ? <P>The overhead Jeep motor is still a cast iron block ??<BR> <BR>Cheers Frank..
Posted By: Stan White Re: Chrysler Strokers - Tue 17 Apr 2001 10:46:PM
I haven't seen any stroket kits around for the Chrysler. I ofset ground my 360 crank .050" by using .060" undersize bearings, its not a lot more stroke but ecery bit helps.<P>I have thought about getting custom rods and going .100 undersize on the big end, should be able to up the stroke by .090". However I don't know how much it would weaken the crank. Other option is to get a 3.79" stroke from Mopar in USA or get one of the local blokes to import you one with their next shipment. Cost would be a killer with out hopeless $$$, wouldn't get a lot of change from $4,000.<P>Dellow or other adaptor makers would be able to adapt the chrysler small block to anything []images/icons/default/wink.gif" border="0[/] I have seen adaptors to adapt a powerglide to the small and bigblock, why I have no idea. the 727 rocks []images/icons/default/wink.gif" border="0[/]<P>I thought that the prowler version overhead cam block was aluminum, Seen them offered as crate motors in some yanky mag's.<P>Mopar also offer the A block in aluminum, its more HEMI styled though, would hate to ask the price.<P>Cheers,<P>Stan.
Posted By: frankfly Re: Chrysler Strokers - Fri 20 Apr 2001 06:28:AM
Come to think of it Stan, PAW in the US might even list the 360 small block in aluminium in their catalog ?<P>I thought the Prowler motor was a V6 ??<P>Could always go a Keith Black Alloy 426 ?<P>killer dollars..<P>I want to match the block to the factory 4 speed merc auto in the 928, as the chevy kit does..<P>And the 520 ? 4 speed torqueflites ROCK now...
Posted By: Stan White Re: Chrysler Strokers - Sat 21 Apr 2001 07:16:AM
frankfly:<P>you could be right there, I only have one article in Mopar Action mag that has the prowler in it. However this one is with the new overhead came V8, may be an option.<P>I notice that the PT Cruiser is only a FWD 4Cyl, Would have been nicer to see with a V6 or V8. Maybe they are an option.<P>Cheers,<P>Stan.
Posted By: frankfly Re: Chrysler Strokers - Sun 29 Apr 2001 05:23:AM
Yeah, that PT cruiser is a neon on steriods ??<P>well maybe not in the power stakes, but hell, at least Chrysler have the balls to make some different looking cars and sell them to the public !!<P>Apparently the PT will become available as a convertable in the states ??<P>PS just picked up a Chrysler Altaltic (1/18 die cast scale model).. I think its rare..<P>that makes about 15 mopar/dodge /chryslers in my collection so far.....<P> []images/icons/default/shocked.gif" border="0[/]
© AUS-CITY Message Forums