AUS-CITY
Posted By: Rancher Thinking of joining the club! - Thu 14 Aug 2008 07:55:PM
Few questions though. *Whoops, hit enter too fast*

What happens if I don't attend meetings all the time? I'm not a local, currently its fine for me, as I'm working at Mt Tamborine. But, I can't always attend meetings, or runs.

What are the people like? First time Ive thought about joining a real car club, But, as I will be alone 3/4 of the time. It's a bit daunting coming to one of these club BBQ things on the cruises you do.

Just, general things I would like to know before I do anything. I may consider going to one of these monthly meetings while I'm local, and seeing what the go is. Will I be welcome since I'm only a young guy?

Cheers.
Posted By: Jedi Knight Re: Thinking of joining the club! - Thu 14 Aug 2008 10:26:PM

Mate there is not one member in the Monaro club that has not had the same problem. "THE FIRST DAY".

Trust me you will fit in, If you like Holdens and Monaro's how could you not fit in.
We have all types in the club young and old, its a good day out to get away from work or that phone that never stops ringing.
Posted By: Shock76 Re: Thinking of joining the club! - Fri 15 Aug 2008 10:28:AM
Rancher - Yes, Jedi Knight is correct - there are no issues with your situation. I would suggest a perfect opportunity to see us or meet us is the coming August Club Run to Mt Tamborine. If you PM me your name, I will arrange for a casual meeting up with you at the run if that suits you. A lot of people can't make it to all the meetings & runs - so no issues there. We have a good mix of young & old Members, so no issues with young people like you. Hope this helps ease any concerns you may have.
© AUS-CITY Message Forums