AUS-CITY
Posted By: Flux Chriss Angel - Sat 15 Nov 2008 12:19:AM
Anyone checked out this guy on Fox8 Wed's 7.30pm..?

http://www.crissangel.com/

To me he is well...let’s say he’s kinda different and very entertaining to say the least!

Check him out. . . see what you think.
Posted By: Alisa Re: Chriss Angel - Sat 15 Nov 2008 03:09:PM
I have seen him a couple of times on Fox 8. It was entertaining! I even recorded the program so was able to slow-mo it and could not see how in the heck he did these amazing tricks. Like the time he approached these two ladies having lunch at a restaurant and after a brief chat with them, the lady's ring that ended up frozen into an ice cube in her drink)! ohmy

How the heck? wtf

I'm sure that he's done many even far more amazing "tricks". But that was the one that stuck with me.
Posted By: rainbowchaser Re: Chriss Angel - Sun 16 Nov 2008 12:30:AM
I have watched this chap on Austar.

He truly is amazing. I've also sat there and tried to "catch him out" but I can never see anything.

He once drove Mandy Moore's car down the main street blind folded and took her to exactly where she wanted to go without asking her where it was.
Posted By: Flux Re: Chriss Angel - Tue 18 Nov 2008 12:20:AM
LoL Yeah I know what you mean about trying to catch him out.
I do it too. I jump up at times in amazement shake my head &
walk off shouting out…..Bull Shit..!! THAT DOESN’T HAPPEN..!!
I then aim that mighty remote and hit the magic button and finish off
with another few words like…Piss Off … but I love it..!! LOL
Posted By: Alisa Re: Chriss Angel - Tue 18 Nov 2008 12:05:PM
You are a hoot! rollfloor

It's not half bad learning more about you and your thoughts, Flux!
Posted By: rainbowchaser Re: Chriss Angel - Tue 18 Nov 2008 01:02:PM
Yep I'm hearing you Flux!

Driving Mandy Moore's care I can appreciate - the whole psychic thing can come into play there. Tapping into her thoughts, listening to the traffic, sensing when to turn - all that stuff.

But the occasion when he walked through a pane of window glass - I don't get it. Some people perceive glass to be fluid (it's actually a debate).

My question is - why put up a sheet to hide the fact that he is worming his way through a window pane if there is no trickery?

I personally believe glass is a solid.

But one thing is for sure - he is a master! His skill at hiding the trick is outstanding.

Posted By: Alisa Re: Chriss Angel - Wed 19 Nov 2008 11:32:PM
After watching a couple of episodes of his show, I researched him and read an interview where he said something along the lines that everything he does is sleight-of-hand and that he does not believe in the paranormal as such.

Personally it was at this stage that I lost interest in his show. I guess I had hoped that it was paranormal. wink
Posted By: rainbowchaser Re: Chriss Angel - Thu 20 Nov 2008 12:31:PM
Exactly, that is why I'd watched intently... Trying to SEE the trick.

He's a master magician and he's learned his skills from some of the very best and tweaked what he's learned to suit his own needs.

© AUS-CITY Message Forums