AUS-CITY
Posted By: Flux Kazoontight - Sat 07 Mar 2009 06:14:PM
Many cultures have some demons and bad omens. In ancient European cultures people believed that there was a danger of one losing a piece of his spirit with every sneeze. So it was important to wish them health or to say some variation of "God bless you" or some other statement. The customs, if not the superstitions, have remained. sneeze

Posted By: Alisa Re: Kazoontight - Sun 08 Mar 2009 01:54:PM
chuckle I remember having learned about this superstition regarding sneezes.

But synching with the Entities We See thread, I think that all afflictions have a spirit element in the form of an entity. Viruses, bacteria, white blood cells, all have independent action. They are little entities, so surely there is a spiritual counterpart for this.

I think superstitions come from what people have seen when they experience clairvoyance and see spirit.

My twocents
Posted By: jimjam6702 Re: Kazoontight - Mon 09 Mar 2009 08:56:AM
Hmmm, I heard when I was a young girl, that every time you sneeze, your heart literally skips a beat. And back in the day before we actually understood exactly how the human body works(as if we have some full concept of this now?!), we used to bless our neighbor when they sneezed, in case that one skipped heartbeat caused one's death.

I know these are probably cultural differences, but I have to admit, I've never heard that one before. Interesting...very interesting!(in the words of Sir Isac Newton) I think it was him...right?
© AUS-CITY Message Forums