AUS-CITY
Posted By: dawn Face of Jesus found in jar of Marmite - Thu 28 May 2009 06:21:PM
Face of Jesus found in jar of Marmite

A family breakfast turned into a religious experience when they spotted what appears to be the face of Jesus in the lid of a Marmite jar.

read full article:--> Face of Jesus found in jar of Marmite

---------------------------

I had to look up and see what Marmite is.

According to wiki Marmite: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marmite
Marmite (pronounced [ˈmɑː(r)maɪt]) is the name given to two similar food spreads, a British version produced in the United Kingdom and South Africa and the other in New Zealand. Marmite is made from yeast extract, a by-product of beer brewing, and is suitable for vegetarians and vegans.

The British version of the product is a sticky, dark brown paste with a distinctive, powerful flavour, which is extremely salty and savoury with umami qualities, somewhat comparable to soy sauce. This distinctive taste is reflected in the British company's marketing slogan: "Love it or hate it." It is similar to the Australian Vegemite and Swiss Cenovis.
Posted By: Alisa Re: Face of Jesus found in jar of Marmite - Fri 29 May 2009 05:00:PM
clap Oh wow, this one is great, Dawn! highfive

Marmite (Kaybee will know that one). And being Australian(/American), I knew it was Vegemite's English counterpart! Vegemite spread thinly on butter toast is delicious and very slightly addictive! wink Mmmm Umami...drool

I see Jesus there in the cap! Sweeeet! Or should I say, Savoury!

Attached picture marmite_jesus.jpg
Posted By: dawn Re: Face of Jesus found in jar of Marmite - Sat 30 May 2009 06:05:AM
You're Welcome

Yep, I see the face too. I think stuff like this is so neat. yeah

I don't know what marmite or vegamite would taste like...
Sooo... I'll trust your opinion that it's a savory treat.
It sounds yummy though! yow
Posted By: Alisa Re: Face of Jesus found in jar of Marmite - Sun 31 May 2009 06:13:PM
chuckle It truly is yummy though requires a slight trial period where the taste grows on you.

I've seen videos where people eat vegemite by the spoonful. sick That would be like...thinking worse than drinking a bottle of soy sauce. It is so salty and strong flavoured it is good to add a touch of flavour, not to be taken by spoon! yuck
Posted By: jimjam6702 Re: Face of Jesus found in jar of Marmite - Sun 31 May 2009 08:06:PM
OOOOOOH I see Jesus Dawn! Good one. Can't comment on the Vegimite though, but reminds me of the "I Love Lucy" episode of vtia-vegimine! LOL!

Thanks & bless!
Posted By: dawn Re: Face of Jesus found in jar of Marmite - Mon 01 Jun 2009 06:28:PM
Originally Posted by Alisa
It is so salty and strong flavoured it is good to add a touch of flavour, not to be taken by spoon! yuck

mmm, sounds like it might be good on loose-meat sandwiches like shredded chicken, beef or pork. yeah But I agree not by the spoonful!yuck

Jaime, Thank ya. valentine
I Love Lucy was always such a riot. hysterical
© AUS-CITY Message Forums