AUS-CITY
Posted By: jimjam6702 Cool Symbols - Brought to You by, Alt - Sat 19 Jun 2010 05:08:PM
Enjoy bye

http://www.tedmontgomery.com/tutorial/ALTchrc.html
Posted By: Alisa Re: Cool Symbols - Brought to You by, Alt - Sat 19 Jun 2010 05:29:PM
worship Thank you for the sacred symbols!

But why can't I make it work! gaah
Posted By: jimjam6702 Re: Cool Symbols - Brought to You by, Alt - Sat 19 Jun 2010 07:03:PM
Ya know what, it wouldn't work for me neither for the first two tries. If you noticed, when you put your mouse over the link w/out clicking, it actually brings up a little information bubble. If you click onto the little bubble it sould come up. I got it to load after I did that dunno2. Also after that worked so did clicking the link. If you have further problems, let me know.
Posted By: jimjam6702 Re: Cool Symbols - Brought to You by, Alt - Sat 19 Jun 2010 07:04:PM
...and here's the missing (h)wink
Posted By: Alisa Re: Cool Symbols - Brought to You by, Alt - Sun 20 Jun 2010 05:54:PM
I can see how to do it, J, but I can't make the little symbol show up. I CAN enter the code and get a symbol, though it does not sync up with the chart. For example, I can do this:

© (by typing & # 169)

S'ok though! I gotz gremlinz... clown

So thanks anyway, Lady! tiphat
Posted By: jimjam6702 Re: Cool Symbols - Brought to You by, Alt - Sun 20 Jun 2010 08:17:PM
dohOh, OK, I see what you're saying. I just naturally assumed that you meant that you couldn't get the link to work, since I had that same problem @ first.

I noticed in the last week, since trying to use the alt symbols on AUS-CITY, that they work on my emails (the yahoo ones) & Facebook. But when I tried to use them in our AUS-CITY PMs to each other, it just came out as a bunch of numbers. However, they do seem to work in the AC chat box.
I don't know why that is. Try it in an e-mail through something other than AC. Then try it in the chat box on AC. Other than that, all I can say is that it mentioned on the Alt web page, to make sure your number-lock is on. But I'm sure you already read that on the Alt page. So, I guess I'm just as confused as you are. So sorry A.

Oh & just in case you didn't read the web page, it also says to release the two keys (Alt & what ever number key you need) at the same time. I hope something in this reply helps ya. dunno
Posted By: jimjam6702 Re: Cool Symbols - Brought to You by, Alt - Sun 20 Jun 2010 08:57:PM
OK, so I guess if you're getting some kind of symbol, then you're doing it exactly as you should be, therefore anything I told you above is irrelevant. It didn't occur to me to ask you if you were using a laptop. If you are than this link should help.

One more thing though, above in your example, you said that you got this © from &#169. I'm confused on that, the '&#', that is. To get that symbol, it says to hold Alt & type 0169. Is that how you got your © ?

I don't mean to be a pain, I just don't know what you mean by &#169. But anyway here's the link about Alt w/laptops.

http://alt-codes.org/laptop/ or
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SPlCJ3rwME&feature=player_embedded
Posted By: Alisa Re: Cool Symbols - Brought to You by, Alt - Mon 21 Jun 2010 12:16:AM
Here's where I got the info to type in & #169. And if I don't put a space between & # it will put in the ©. Whereas it appears you can type it in and it doesn't revert. So there are some difference, maybe in our operating systems, that make it so we get different results.

Nope, I'm not on a laptop. typing

I tried Shout Box to no avail.

I've also tried releasing Alt before during and after. Every combo that came to mind. But no dice. no

But thank you for putting in so much effort to try to help me with it. sunshine It's still a cool idea. veryhappy
© AUS-CITY Message Forums