AUS-CITY
Posted By: Alisa Red Horse Sunflare - Wed 16 Feb 2011 04:14:PM

Posted By: dawn Re: Red Horse Sunflare - Tue 22 Feb 2011 03:11:AM
This is a cool video.
It's an awesome sight to behold and inspiring if you turn off the sound and ignore the end-time apocalyptic spin the commentator puts on it. blink

I think it's a lovely sun dragon. thumbup

Now for my opinion on the commentator:
It just drives me buggers when someone has to ruin such a magnificent display in the universe by slapping the old fear-factor on it.
stop
"Look for signs in the heavens"... right, and everyone can see this solar event with the naked-eye? I wonder if that verse was meant only for folks with a telescope? It'd be just about useless if it was... I believe the Bible is supposed to be written for 'everyone' not just NASA, scientists or folks with a telescope or folks collecting/observing NASA info....

We may be in the end times and we sure enough have problems on this old Earth, but IMO 'The God I believe in' would not post his signs so frickin' far out in the universe that an average person couldn't look up and see it or translate it's meaning... That would be too cruel and pretentious to even consider. peeved2

~Okay fire away~ cantlook

Posted By: Alisa Re: Red Horse Sunflare - Wed 23 Feb 2011 09:18:PM
Yeah, the commentary could have been lighter and less! But it was the video I liked so. Oh well! chuckle

I get what you mean by "slapping the old fear-factor on it". Though I find it interesting, the idea of this looking like a horse thus being one of the horsemen of the apocalypse. I'm always looking for the signs, too, though finding them clearly and in order seems almost as impossible as expecting to suddenly get 100 genuine Twitter followers. chuckle Potential signs don't scare me though...not much. wink Oh if only we could really be in such control of reality that all the signs were displayed exactly as prophecized by the Bible, or the Mayans, etc., etc., and in the right order, and blatantly obvious. And in the end if January 2013 comes around and nothing has happened, I swear(!) I'm not going to look at one more supposed symbol or sign (well, probably not look for them as much). *my attempts at humour here, mixed with a bit of truth of course*

Okay, but your point is also really good! The signs wouldn't only be visible by telescope. But maybe by telescope as well as elsewhere though, simultaneously? Perhaps the signs are really all around us in everything, and maybe what you look for is what you find. dunno
Posted By: dawn Re: Red Horse Sunflare - Wed 23 Feb 2011 10:52:PM
~whew~ Thanks Alisa. wink I feared you may give me a proverbial cyber slap for being so snarky about it. lol teehee
It's his video and his opinion and he's entitled, but it sure ruined the enjoyment of watching such an ominous and magnificent sight. I still think dragon when I see the flare and not a horse. But then I'm still stuck at faerie-minded and can't seem to get past it. tinkerbell

I think you're right about a lot of what you said about looking for signs. See, that fits too with my belief, I just get really annoyed with everything being gloom and doom of an apocalypse.

I like your humor because it speaks truths that a lot of us feel.
I'm with you, I wish the future forecasters forecasts would be more cipherable and obvious too. I made that word up. lol
thumbup
Posted By: Alisa Re: Red Horse Sunflare - Sun 27 Feb 2011 03:15:PM
Though I saw the horse predominantly, I'm really much more of a dragon-girl myself. So I like that you see mostly dragon in it.

Cipherable should be a word if it isn't! Maybe it's decipherable?

And thanks so much for the feedback. It's sooo good to have it! rose
© AUS-CITY Message Forums