AUS-CITY
Posted By: CHRISS M6, Britain's most haunted road - Wed 01 Nov 2006 08:46:AM
The six laned, M6 is one of UK's most busiest and longest roads. It runs through quite a few counties. It also appears to be the most haunted! ghost

Over the years there have been many sightings and weird experiences recounted by many drivers and passengers.
Sightings include:

Marching Roman soldiers (about 20 soldiers "more like upright shadows than men walking through the tarmac as you would through water). yikes
A distraught hitchhiker scaredtwitch
A phantom lorry going the wrong way. wtf
a phantom pick-up truck :Ohmy:

Apparently 45% of all drivers(who were part of a survey) think they have seen them,plus other weird phenomenon, which has occurred throughout the route's 230 miles from Carlisle to Rugby.

The M6 is not the only haunted road - here is a top ten haunts:

Top 10 haunts

1 The M6. Multiple hauntings ghost ghost

2 The A9 in the Highlands. Weird coach

3 Platt Lane, Leigh, Manchester. Gleaming eyes. freaked

4 High Street and Suffield Road, Great Yarmouth. Phantom dog dog

5 Gloucester Drive, Finsbury Park, north London. Ghostly kids

6 The B4293 at Devauden, Wales. Angelic voices angel

7 The B3314 near Tintagel, Cornwall. Victorian woman

8 Loch Dornoch, Highlands. Eerie horseman

9 The B1403 near Doncaster, South Yorkshire. Lone soldier vader

10 Drews Lane, Ward End, Birmingham. Sound of invisible cars

Posted By: Alisa Re: M6, Britain's most haunted road - Thu 02 Nov 2006 06:44:AM
This just adds to my justification that I should visit the UK! winking

I always find the Roman soldier sightings so interesting and validating. I have heard of such sightings where the soldiers are walking waist-high through a solid, and where historians verify that the area has been built up over time and the road would have been much lower matching the ghostly procession. ahha
Posted By: CHRISS Re: M6, Britain's most haunted road - Thu 02 Nov 2006 09:19:AM
Yes, the good old Romans left their mark clearly on the landscape. Hadrians wall built around AD 122( although somewhat reduced in height from its original construction) still runs across Northern England.It was built to 'separate the Romans from the Barbarians'(The Scots)and managed to do that for about 250 years. mgun
UK is an interesting place to visit. Diverse landscape, tons of old castles, ruins, battlefield sites, quaint villages and many pubs! :Ohmy: and don't forget the 'fish and chips'! winking And for those that cannot forgo their fast food tastes - McDonalds is everywhere. yikes
Posted By: Alisa Re: M6, Britain's most haunted road - Fri 03 Nov 2006 12:58:AM
Thanks for the extra history. grin And great UK plug! :tsup: Well deserved. content I want to visit even more now. clink
© AUS-CITY Message Forums