AUS-CITY
Posted By: Alisa Child Prodigy Paints God - Sat 02 Jun 2007 09:07:PM
This is an amazing video clip from CNN about a girl who is currently 12 years old and began painting at 4. Her paintings are utterly stunning.

Video Clip

Her Website

Posted By: dawn Re: Child Prodigy Paints God - Mon 04 Jun 2007 09:04:PM
I went to her website...
Wow! Now that is an inspirational child that is truly Blessed by God.
I'm at a loss for words to describe how amazing prodigies are.

Thank you for sharing this wonderful girl's urls with us.

hug
Posted By: CHRISS Re: Child Prodigy Paints God - Mon 04 Jun 2007 10:19:PM
Akiane's work is really wonderful to behold and her poetry is very moving. She is one of these people who are born with this talent.

There were and are many other children who had/have similar talents and we can be amazed at what they produce.
I describe but 2 of them briefly.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart( Austrian -18th century), child genius of the music world.He wrote his first two compositions at the age of five!

Stephen Wiltshire (British born 1974) who is now an accomplished architectural artist. Diagnosed as autistic. His first words at the age of 5 were 'pencil and paper'.
It soon became apparent he communicated with the world through the language of drawing; first animals, then London buses, and finally buildings.
He has the ability to look at a target once and then draw a very accurate and very detailed picture of it straight off.
Here is a video link to see what he does:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVqRT_kCOLI&mode=related&search=
Posted By: Alisa Re: Child Prodigy Paints God - Wed 06 Jun 2007 04:49:PM
Thanks for the video link, Chris! That was fascinating to say the least! ahha
Posted By: rainbowchaser Re: Child Prodigy Paints God - Sun 02 Nov 2008 01:42:AM
Oh boy! Wow!

Her creations are something else... Absolutely beautiful.

That's natural born talent. Pure and simple.

Her ability at the age of 4 was already equivalent to that of a 12 year old with future talent.

And to improve so quickly... Amazing!
Posted By: Alisa Re: Child Prodigy Paints God - Sun 02 Nov 2008 01:38:PM
I'm glad you brought this back to the forefront again, rainbowchaser! I haven't looked at Akiane's paintings for a while and she has grown up more and has more marvellous paintings!

I love all of them. I find the blue-robed "Mary" paintings wondrous. I also like the writing and poem that goes with one of her more recent paintings called "Search for Truth". I was drawn to it (no coincidence) and wish to quote a bit of it:

The astronaut here represents many of us searching for truth in a controlling way. Although we are still searching, we are convinced that we have already discovered the truth and that everyone should believe it only our way. And believe it at any cost.

Just like this man, we stand on a strange little planet trying to posses it. Like a giant we trample on the flowers reaching for light that represent meek and gentle souls ruled by the ignorant, the cunning, the powerful, the prideful, or the aggressive. Sadly, most of the tiny planet is already trampled.

Through his stiff and cumbersome space suit the astronaut is not able to touch and smell the blossoms and is able to view them only through his shatter-proof mask. He presumes the air here is toxic and void of life. So he fears to remove his suit and get contaminated. Yet despite his great knowledge he has not figured out that if flowers bloom, then he too would be able to breathe safely.

And a wee portion of the poem quotes :

Not to allow anyone to the light
or to force someone to the light
is dictatorship!

So much time is spent on belief.
So little time is spent on love!

During a race
where everyone holds their own truth,
the finish line is a surprise.

The pride never leads,
never submits,
and never leaves.

----

She humbles me. pray
Posted By: rainbowchaser Re: Child Prodigy Paints God - Sun 02 Nov 2008 07:15:PM
LOL

I am very good at dredging old stuff up.

Akiane's piece of the infant and butterflies ("Wonder")... That would have to be a favourite for me. Absolutely gorgeous.

Posted By: Alisa Re: Child Prodigy Paints God - Tue 04 Nov 2008 06:38:PM
Yes, I love that one. I also always liked the forbidden fruit one.
© AUS-CITY Message Forums