AUS-CITY
Posted By: dawn FAIRIES ON ILKLEY MOOR - Sun 10 Jun 2007 09:21:PM
Have you ever heard of 'Gordon Holmes'?
He apparently recently filmed Nessy or 2 Nessies, swimming along.
The skeptics are having a field day with it, as usual...
But Nessy footage isn't what caught my attention...

As I was reading the review of his background on cryptomundo.com, I discovered that he self published a book & dvd of fairies...
'FAIRIES ON ILKLEY MOOR The Evidence'
I went in search of it but couldn't find an order link...

Have you ever heard of it? I read a couple reviews around the net. Mr. Gordon seems to believe in the the Cotteningly fairy photographs and the skeptics thinks that discredits anything he's got to 'say' or 'show' 'about' or 'of' his 'evidence' of fairies or any other rare creature.

I still say it's remarkable how harsh & intense opinions get when the word Faerie comes up... It has to be fear... I can think of no other reason for such absolute instantaneous negative reaction... madjump

Anyway, here's a couple links. If you get a second, you can take a quick gander at the info...
Gordon Holmes
Gordon Holmes review - cryptomundo.com

Personally, I would rather hear about the fairies instead of Nessy...

fairy
Posted By: CHRISS Re: FAIRIES ON ILKLEY MOOR - Sun 10 Jun 2007 10:57:PM
Nope, I never heard of this gentleman I have to say.

I had a look at the links you offered. Interesting, this man has diverse interests into what is generally classed as paranormal, just like we all have on here.
Belief or knowledge of one subject should in no way affect anything else.

I do agree with you regarding the 'Faerie' tag, but hopefully as more and more people realise they are around and awaken to these facts, the stigma will fade.

Look how popular and ok it is now for people to admit they 'believe' in ghosts and the like. With the advent of such shows as "Most haunted" and "ghosthunters" and all the ghost cams on the internet, the fear of admitting you believe in them or even have seen one is subsiding and is becoming accepted as the norm.

Faerie watchers unite - our time is coming - keep the faith!
Posted By: Alisa Re: FAIRIES ON ILKLEY MOOR - Sun 10 Jun 2007 11:56:PM
Thanks for interesting post, Dawn. veryhappy And great comments, Chris! Excellent analogy about the wider acceptance of ghost and ghost watching these days. content

I found fairies on accident myself whilst looking for ghosts...but instead finding wolfmen. dizzy It's all tied together, at least that has been my experience. juggle I had read all the debunking about the Cottingley Fairies in the past, not thinking to really question it, so I had accepted that they were faked.

Anyway, after I saw fairies in my photos, my mind went straight back to the Cottingley photos as I could now look at them with a different frame of mind. As paperdoll-cut-out as they seem, after researching, it made sense when I read that the original photo negatives (on glass in those days) had been retouched/painted. If the fairy images had been left translucent, as was the case with the 5th photo (which was probably too difficult for the photograph assistants to paint due to the layered spirit effect), they would be much more believable today.

I have no problem noo whatsoever believing in the Lockness Monster or any other cryptos. They seem to pop into normal view every so often and an enormous amount of sane, believable people have attested to it vehemently. Where these creatures go when not in sight is what I cannot say for sure. Chris has suggested shapeshifting. thumbup I have considered that beings from other dimensions phase in and out of ours. I have also considered that we ourselves may shift momentarily. There are various possibilities and there are thousands of people with nothing to gain by concocting a tale that attest to witnessing strange creatures. And I have no reservations in saying I fully believe that strange creatures are all around us and are spotted and photographed frequently. patty
Posted By: dawn Re: FAIRIES ON ILKLEY MOOR - Tue 12 Jun 2007 02:13:AM
Thank you both so much for your insightful replies. There's much to consider in dealing with the cryptos and mystical beings.

I hope 'they' do a follow up on Mr. Holmes... or will he be another person that just disappears off the paranormal scopes?

smile
© AUS-CITY Message Forums