AUS-CITY
Posted By: Alisa Easy no-knead cinnamon rolls - Sat 19 Jul 2008 08:41:PM
I finally found out about the no-knead bread recipe (a year behind the rest of the world, but better late than never) and have been making it every so often. I simplified the heck out of it so that I merely mix the ingredients, water, salt, yeast and flour taking all of a few minutes, leaving the dough to sit for 12+ hours and pouring into a parchment-lined casserole dish to bake without further rising, etc.

It comes out with a nice brown crust and a spongy middle. It isn't shaped like a loaf as it conforms to my casserole dish shape which is oval, but it is still fantastic to slice and eat with butter. And it has a great flavour thanks to the sitting/fermenting part.

I always loved cinnamon rolls, but it seemed too much trouble to make them. That is until I found this recipe for No-Knead Sticky Pecan Caramel Cinnamon Rolls.

It was easy to mix up the dough and put in the fridge. I also like when a task is broken up (over days even grin). So after a day in the fridge, I followed the directions and it turned out to be quite easy and quick. I felt the caramel topping was delicious, but "too" intense for me. Next time I will leave that part out and make a simple traditional icing.

I'm posting this though because no-knead bread dough recipes are so inspiring to me. I think it makes baking quite practical and just as delicious. [Linked Image]
Posted By: VA3DBJ Re: Easy no-knead cinnamon rolls - Sun 20 Jul 2008 06:19:AM
ahha worship pray magnify

Yummmmmmmmyyyyy.........
Posted By: Alisa Re: Easy no-knead cinnamon rolls - Sun 20 Jul 2008 10:47:PM
I'll send you one of the buns! clink

Here it comes... [Linked Image]
Posted By: TVSAT Re: Easy no-knead cinnamon rolls - Sun 20 Jul 2008 10:59:PM
what about me
Posted By: Alisa Re: Easy no-knead cinnamon rolls - Thu 24 Jul 2008 04:55:PM
I made another batch of cinnamon rolls with simple icing for the top instead of the baked-on caramel. It was fabulous. Both sets were good really. I remain amazed at the ease of the master dough recipe that just sits in the fridge and requires no kneading whatsoever. A real keeper of a recipe! I'll post here in case anyone wants it.

Master Dough

from Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day

The book contains several master dough recipes, and this is an enriched, sweet dough, perfect for a loaf of Challah (the braided dough) and the Sticky Rolls. You start by mixing the master dough first, Let that rest overnight in the refrigerator, then the next day, pinch off a cantaloupe sized hunk-o-dough to make your Sticky Pecan Caramel Cinnamon Rolls! Return the rest to the refrigerator to use for another day.

1 3/4 cups lukewarm water
1 1/2 tbl instant yeast
1 1/2 tbl kosher salt (or 1 1/2 tsp table salt)
4 lg eggs, slightly beaten
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
7 cups unbleached all-purpose flour

In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, water, honey, melted butter, yeast and salt. Stir well with a wooden spoon. Add in the flour. STIR, BABY STIR!!! Stir until you don’t see any more dry bits of flour (about a minute). Cover (not airtight) and stick it in the refrigerator overnight, or up to 4 days. The longer you let it fart around in the refrigerator (literally!), the better tasting the dough will be.

Here are the pictures again.

Way easy. Super delicious. cheerful
Posted By: Alisa Re: Easy no-knead cinnamon rolls - Sat 26 Jul 2008 11:41:PM
Halve the recipe and get a reasonable lump of dough. You can then used half of this dough for one batch of 12 cinnamon rolls, and the other half for another batch of 12 cinnamon rolls a day or so later. vcheeky

260 gm--Water
¾ tbsp---Yeast
½ tsp----Salt
2----------Eggs
60 gm----Honey
57 gm----Butter
511 gm---Flour

And if you have a kitchen scale, it is even easier IMO with this recipe which I converted to grams.
© AUS-CITY Message Forums