AUS-CITY
Posted By: Liski UBI CH72 - Interview - Tue 18 Apr 2006 07:30:AM
Starting tonight on UBI WORLD TV, a new TV ad regarding the System Upgrade is going to be shown on channel 72. This ad is an interview to Mr. Mike Boulos in which some concerns of our customers will be addressed.
Posted By: RATLSNAKE Re: UBI CH72 - Interview - Tue 18 Apr 2006 11:52:AM
It's now on the air on 72.<br /><br />For those who may have watched WWF programming in the 'Attitude' Era of 98-99, this sort of interview/segment reminds me of when MchMahon told the world "It's me Austin, it was me all along!" and revealed himself as the 'higher power'.<br /><br />I hope for the sake for all of us legit subscribers nothing does go wrong this time.<br /><br />Also looking forward to hearing the specific details about when delivery of the new boxes will start.<br /><br />RATLSNAKE
Posted By: apsattv Re: UBI CH72 - Interview - Tue 18 Apr 2006 12:01:PM
Excuse me but what does Mr Mike Bolous have to do with UBI?
Posted By: RATLSNAKE Re: UBI CH72 - Interview - Tue 18 Apr 2006 12:11:PM
According to the promo that's airing he's the Chairman of UBI. Hence why I compared it that WWF storyline. lol<br /><br />I'm not in the 'know' about the satelitte world, but I'm sure this is going to stir a bit of a hornets nest after years of all these stories going around, that I've read both here, other forums, and the general media.
Posted By: apsattv Re: UBI CH72 - Interview - Tue 18 Apr 2006 12:56:PM
Any chance of someone recording the promo and uploading it?
Posted By: alcatron Re: UBI CH72 - Interview - Tue 18 Apr 2006 07:11:PM
Video 60 Megs needs Xvid Codec : http://gearbox.mine.nu/temp/UBI_World_TV_Upclose_and_Personal_with_Mike_Boulos_Chairman.avi<br /><br />Audio 10 Megs MP3 : http://gearbox.mine.nu/temp/UBI_World_TV_Upclose_and_Personal_with_Mike_Boulos_Chairman.mp3
Posted By: LAZER Re: UBI CH72 - Interview - Tue 18 Apr 2006 08:52:PM
Ohh Yehh big surprise to you isen't it apsattv :blah<br /><br />How many times was it said on this forum that he was involved hmmm...<br /><br />Most likely one of the reasons why he chose to do this interview himself to clear some things out and not get some PR spindoctor to do it for him<br /><br />[]Excuse me but what does Mr Mike Bolous have to do with UBI? [/]
Posted By: VCValiant Re: UBI CH72 - Interview - Wed 19 Apr 2006 12:42:AM
Why does Mr Boulos say that the new decoders will be provided completely free, and that they will be a "clean swap" with the old tatbs box. Didn't Liski say that they are only loan units. If they are loan units, why would the cost os subscribing after 28/4/06 be much more if we are not actually buying anything?<br />Also why did the word "swap" come up again?
Posted By: RATLSNAKE Re: UBI CH72 - Interview - Wed 19 Apr 2006 12:49:AM
I noticed that, and didn't take any notice of it.<br /><br />If Liski has publicly stated that a swap is not going to happen more than once, then from a legal stand-point that is more than enough for me to make an argument about if it came to it.
Posted By: Liski Re: UBI CH72 - Interview - Wed 19 Apr 2006 12:49:AM
VCValiant,<br /><br />UBI are using the word "Swap" when talking about the system upgrade.<br /><br />The cost of subscribing after the system upgrade will be different as anyone wanting to join UBI will need to purchase the UBI decoder - they will not be given FREE after the 28 April.
Posted By: reuder Re: UBI CH72 - Interview - Wed 19 Apr 2006 12:51:AM
Did anyone think the intro and outro music was alittle scary? Very mysterious, something you might use in a UFO or conspiracies doco.
Posted By: VCValiant Re: UBI CH72 - Interview - Wed 19 Apr 2006 12:53:AM
Ok Thanks for the quick reply.<br />Any news on pricing of the new box? I know its been asked before, but maybe you have any new info.
Posted By: LAZER Re: UBI CH72 - Interview - Wed 19 Apr 2006 12:57:AM
hahahaha <br /><br />[]Did anyone think the intro and outro music was alittle scary? Very mysterious, something you might use in a UFO or conspiracies doco. [/]
Posted By: Liski Re: UBI CH72 - Interview - Wed 19 Apr 2006 01:01:AM
alcatron,<br /><br />Lazer has fixed your post back as UBI have given permission to post the interview.
Posted By: reuder Re: UBI CH72 - Interview - Wed 19 Apr 2006 01:04:AM
[]VCValiant,<br /><br />UBI are using the word "Swap" when talking about the system upgrade.<br /><br />The cost of subscribing after the system upgrade will be different as anyone wanting to join UBI will need to purchase the UBI decoder - they will not be given FREE after the 28 April. [/]<br /><br />Thanks for that Liski. Since some of the threads have not been transferred to the new system, I cannot go back and see what you said, so I'll ask again.<br /><br />The "swap" entails, before April customers will receive the new STB free of charge. There will be no swapping of the Tarbs box for the new STB, and the new STB will be the property of the subscriber.<br />People subscribing after April, will have to pay for the new STB. The new STB will become the property of the subscriber.
Posted By: VCValiant Re: UBI CH72 - Interview - Wed 19 Apr 2006 01:09:AM
CCC told me once before that the units will be owned by UBI and if you cancel the subscription thay retain the box
Posted By: LAZER Re: UBI CH72 - Interview - Wed 19 Apr 2006 01:10:AM
http://www.aus-city.com/ubbthreads/showf...=true#Post20053<br /><br />[][]VCValiant,<br /><br />UBI are using the word "Swap" when talking about the system upgrade.<br /><br />The cost of subscribing after the system upgrade will be different as anyone wanting to join UBI will need to purchase the UBI decoder - they will not be given FREE after the 28 April. [/]<br /><br />Thanks for that Liski. Since some of the threads have not been transferred to the new system, I cannot go back and see what you said, so I'll ask again.<br /><br />The "swap" entails, before April customers will receive the new STB free of charge. There will be no swapping of the Tarbs box for the new STB, and the new STB will be the property of the subscriber.<br />People subscribing after April, will have to pay for the new STB. The new STB will become the property of the subscriber. [/]
Posted By: VCValiant Re: UBI CH72 - Interview - Wed 19 Apr 2006 01:11:AM
According to UBI CCC if yoy cancel the subscription, they retain the box.
Posted By: LAZER Re: UBI CH72 - Interview - Wed 19 Apr 2006 01:11:AM
That would be for the People who get the Free box upgrade before April 28th
Posted By: VCValiant Re: UBI CH72 - Interview - Wed 19 Apr 2006 01:12:AM
sorry "yoy" should be "you"
Posted By: LAZER Re: UBI CH72 - Interview - Wed 19 Apr 2006 01:13:AM
you can press " EDIT " VCValiant
Posted By: VCValiant Re: UBI CH72 - Interview - Wed 19 Apr 2006 01:17:AM
I understand that the box will also be a FTA receiver, that will mean I would not need a second box thats why I want to buy it outright. Do you know if it will receive Horizontal and Vertical or even just the name of the unit?
Posted By: reuder Re: UBI CH72 - Interview - Wed 19 Apr 2006 01:18:AM
[]CCC told me once before that the units will be owned by UBI and if you cancel the subscription thay retain the box [/]<br /><br />Whose CCC?
Posted By: VCValiant Re: UBI CH72 - Interview - Wed 19 Apr 2006 01:19:AM
CCC means " Customer Call Center"
Posted By: VCValiant Re: UBI CH72 - Interview - Wed 19 Apr 2006 01:22:AM
[]you can press " EDIT " VCValiant [/]<br /><br />Yeah figured that one out about five seconds ago!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Liski Re: UBI CH72 - Interview - Wed 19 Apr 2006 01:31:AM
VCValiant,<br /><br />The UBI STB will recieve both H and V.<br /><br />If you recieved the UBI STB as part of the free upgrade and then decide to cancel then the UBI STB must be returned to UBI.
Posted By: reuder Re: UBI CH72 - Interview - Wed 19 Apr 2006 01:32:AM
[]http://www.aus-city.com/ubbthreads/showf...=true#Post20053<br /><br />Thanks for the link Laz!<br />So after the "free swap" offer, customers wanting to become subscribers will need purchase the new STB. Purchasing means you own it, right?
Posted By: Liski Re: UBI CH72 - Interview - Wed 19 Apr 2006 01:38:AM
reuder,<br /><br />It's already been answered so many times! I'm here to help you all but please read through the other posts and help me smile
Posted By: reuder Re: UBI CH72 - Interview - Wed 19 Apr 2006 01:41:AM
[]reuder,<br /><br />It's already been answered so many times! I'm here to help you all but please read through the other posts and help me smile [/]<br /><br />I know it must be a pain, but I'm only after a clarification.<br /><br />P.S. maybe create a FAQ sticky about the changes?
Posted By: Liski Re: UBI CH72 - Interview - Wed 19 Apr 2006 02:07:AM
reuder,<br /><br />A FAQ will be created once I have all the information ready for release.
Posted By: mule Re: UBI CH72 - Interview - Thu 20 Apr 2006 06:55:AM
Liski,<br />how much it costs to subscribe before the 28 April?<br />Thanks
Posted By: Liski Re: UBI CH72 - Interview - Thu 20 Apr 2006 07:07:AM
mule,<br /><br />As I've stated before there is no information regarding the price of the UBI Decoder but the subscription fees will be the same. The only change will be the cost of the decoder.
Posted By: mule Re: UBI CH72 - Interview - Thu 20 Apr 2006 07:12:AM
and what is the subscription fee?
Posted By: Liski Re: UBI CH72 - Interview - Thu 20 Apr 2006 07:14:AM
mule,<br /><br />I thought you wanted to know after 28 April, sorry.<br /><br />$49.95 Activation Fee (One Off Fee) + $59.95 World TV Plus Package (Monthly Fee)
Posted By: mule Re: UBI CH72 - Interview - Fri 21 Apr 2006 03:15:AM
ok, thanks.
Posted By: Dan04 Re: UBI CH72 - Interview - Tue 25 Apr 2006 06:44:AM
Not subscribing before 28 April 2006 the box will cost an ubeleivable $300.00!!!
Posted By: ShaRp Re: UBI CH72 - Interview - Wed 26 Apr 2006 04:06:AM
[]Not subscribing before 28 April 2006 the box will cost an ubeleivable $300.00!!! [/]<br /><br />and your source is...
Posted By: Liski Re: UBI CH72 - Interview - Wed 26 Apr 2006 09:07:AM
Dan04,<br /><br />I would suggest you wait until I announce the price here.
© AUS-CITY Message Forums