AUS-CITY
Posted By: Big Chief Star TV - Thu 26 May 2005 05:15:PM
There is a rumour that Star TV is selling their services in the Pacific on the Indovision platform(Cakrawata). <br /><br />Its being to sold to hotels and other interested subsribers in the Pacific Islands like Fiji.<br /><br />Do they have broadcast rights for this region?
Posted By: LAZER Re: Star TV - Thu 26 May 2005 05:18:PM
what is star tv??
Posted By: Big Chief Re: Star TV - Thu 26 May 2005 05:34:PM
see www.ilovemovies.com (STAR Movies SEA)<br /><br />and Star World
Posted By: Big Chief Re: Star TV - Thu 26 May 2005 05:36:PM
Its English content for SE Asia somehow being sold in the Pacific because the Cakrawata beam happens to cover part of the Pacific as well.
Posted By: Jedi Knight Re: Star TV - Thu 26 May 2005 05:59:PM
Yes at My place to on S band on Cakrawata 1, footprint covers (I think) only top of Australia
Posted By: Jedi Knight Re: Star TV - Thu 26 May 2005 06:08:PM
Yes I have a friend up this way he is Indonesian and he got his hands on a New box and he gets all, but on another Hand heaps of Indonesians live in WA and they get nothing (another friend), They better change state I think if they want this service.
Posted By: Big Chief Re: Star TV - Thu 26 May 2005 06:49:PM
It has a better coverage spill over the South Pacific even with a low look angle shouldn't be a problem for S band.<br /><br />Hmm.. Foxtel/Austar may object to this..
Posted By: apsattv Re: Star TV - Thu 26 May 2005 10:04:PM
I didn't realize Foxte/Austar sell to the Pacfic Islands?<br /><br />Now if you mean the Carkarwarta service is being sold to viewers in Australia, Yes that is a problem. But I doubt they are worried buy it.<br />Needs a big dish for a start. Sband feeds are tricky to source as well.<br /><br />Both Telkom Vision and the Crarkawarta services are popular in the Islands, expensive though i think $1200 a year
Posted By: Big Chief Re: Star TV - Fri 27 May 2005 02:45:AM
Doesn't mean Star have rights to the Pacific either. <br /><br />Who knows maybe the movies houses (eg. the Movie Network) in Australia or NZ may have rights to this region...
© AUS-CITY Message Forums