AUS-CITY
FOXTEL Digital lowers entry level price – increases choices and affordability <br /><br />FOXTEL today announced a major initiative to introduce more Australians to subscription television by substantially reducing the entry level price of FOXTEL Digital and offering consumers a range of new subscription package choices. <br /><br />From May 5, consumers can “Get Started” on FOXTEL Digital from just $36.95* a month, or just over a dollar a day. The newly created entry level package provides 25 channels covering general news, sports news, general entertainment, documentaries, children’s and music genres, plus 30 audio channels, all with digital quality pictures, cd quality sound and some with interactive services. There is a separate one-off installation charge. <br /><br />The new “Get Started” package represents a reduction of around 30% on the current entry level price for FOXTEL Digital ($50.95 per month). The “Get Started” package is different from the existing FOXTEL Digital basic service. <br />After subscribing to “Get Started”, consumers can directly choose any service from the entire range of additional FOXTEL Digital packages and features including the FOXTEL iQ personal digital recorder. <br /><br />In a significant change to FOXTEL’s existing package structure, FOXTEL has introduced a comprehensive range of new tier channel packages (attached) across multiple genres, five of which consumers can add to their “Get Started” entry package at the same low price of $14.95 per month per tier. <br /><br />The new subscription tiers to be known as “My Packages” include a sports tier (My Sport), 2 movie tiers (My Movies and My Complete Movies), and three general entertainment tiers (My Escape, My World, My Playtime). Consumers will be able to design their FOXTEL package to suit their individual tastes by adding any one of these six packages which have been organised into clear content divisions – Movies (2 packages), Sport, Documentary, Lifestyle and Youth. <br /><br />To continue FOXTEL’s practice of rewarding subscribers who take more of the service, customers who subscribe to Get Started plus one entertainment tier (at $14.95 per month) pay just $5 extra per month for a second entertainment tier (e.g. My World) and just $22.95 per month for all three entertainment tiers - My Playtime, My World and My Escape. <br /><br />FOXTEL’s Chief Executive Officer Kim Williams said: “The take-up of FOXTEL Digital is already very strong. We are making the service even more attractive to potential subscribers with these fresh packages and price points. <br /><br />“Our new packaging is the result of extensive consumer research across Australia over a long period. FOXTEL recently trialled the new packaging in the NSW Hunter Valley region with highly encouraging results. Consumers saw the increased package choices and lower entry price as really good deals. They were attracted by the ability to further tailor FOXTEL according to their own tastes and select channel packages from clear and simple programming genre divisions. Our experience of FOXTEL Digital to-date is that customers choose additional FOXTEL services when they subscribe. We expect consumers will respond to the new packages in the same positive way.” <br /><br />“Get Started” and “My Packages” will be launched on Friday May 5 with a national television, print and online advertising campaign featuring Hugh Jackman who launched FOXTEL Digital in March 2004 and the FOXTEL iQ in February 2005. <br /><br />Foxtel release
It's good to see that they have taken our lead! <br /><br />What is the difference between last year and now - SelecTV - competition is indeed good!
There starter pack looks pretty good has TV1,Arena,FOX8,Discovery, FOX Classics and the News Channels plus other channels so its suits my needs
Just checked the Optus Site http://www.optus.com.au/portal/site...nextfmt=default<br /><br />And its even better there for me since i already got Optus Phone and Internet its only $31.95 a month for me with the starter pack even better <br /><br />And most of the packages on there are cheaper like $5-$10 cheaper then fox if u got other Optus services
What is the difference between now and next year - SelecTV gone
just like Tarbs huh?<br />;-)
There couldn't be a theard without apsattv
[]It's good to see that they have taken our lead! <br /><br />What is the difference between last year and now - SelecTV - competition is indeed good! [/]<br />I already know two select tv customers that are going to disconnect and go to foxtel, but on the other hand interest rate rises will hurt foxtel as most see it <br />as not necessary but ethnic tv , well thats different for some.
[]There couldn't be a theard without apsattv [/]<br />You mean Mr anti UBI
Its going to be an interesting year ........<br /><br />Given UBI's problems let's see who is still in business at the end of the year.
They probably had to do this to absorb the impending impact of multi-channeling on the sd digital platform, which foxtel would consider a bigger threat than the existing pay tv providers.
What problems are they SelecTV?
Foxtel suck!<br />The only reason they introduced these new packages is because of select TV, I told them at one of their sales centres at the local shopping center and they denied it. He said quote!!! Who is select tv?. It shows you Foxtels management feeds shit to its sales people and is rotton to the core.
Liski,<br /><br />Low blow with that comment aimed @ SelecTV, no offense but Mike B hasn't been the most honest guy in the world and every month that I pay my $60.00 don't think I am not worried that he'll trick us again!<br /><br />I'll be starting up with SelecTV soon.
UBI's recent roll-out of their new STBs with that "keep your property/MDS box and we may charge you a fee" clause is a perfect example of the dodgy stuff UBI is doing, even after the bad taste the former TARBS left in Australian's mouths.<br /><br />You'd think people would learn. Evidentally this is NOT the case.
© AUS-CITY Message Forums