AUS-CITY
Posted By: Schlemiel Early 405 Stereo Connection - Sun 24 Oct 2010 05:26:PM
OK, hopefully someone can tell me what other makes/models share the plug(s). There's a two row whiteish plug, and a smaller green one with two rows also.

Any other advice welcome re the install.

Thanks!
Posted By: dinolovesjess Re: Early 405 Stereo Connection - Sun 24 Oct 2010 05:44:PM
Originally Posted by Schlemiel
OK, hopefully someone can tell me what other makes/models share the plug(s). There's a two row whiteish plug, and a smaller green one with two rows also.

Any other advice welcome re the install.

Thanks!

I thought all pugs at that stage (405 era) had gone ISO 10487 already...in which case your new unit just needs the new ISO patch/connector...
Could you elaborate a little bit more as to what you are doing...
eg. car still has original H.U. or aftermarket...tell us more.

clink

dino
Posted By: Schlemiel Re: Early 405 Stereo Connection - Mon 25 Oct 2010 01:38:AM
OK, snapped a few pictures:

[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Are these any more illustrative? I stumbled upon an Aldi headunit at a very right price.
Posted By: dinolovesjess Re: Early 405 Stereo Connection - Mon 25 Oct 2010 01:57:AM
Universal ISO adaptors are available and you should be able to wire it in to your new HU harness...but since its an aldi special..not likely to find a direct compatible ISO plug...unless its manufactured by one of the majors..not likely...
Just hard wire the bugger in...its not that hard anyway...positive from ACC usually red...yellow is direct to battery (fused)...black is earth...you might have a blue (amp trigger)(or elec antenae)...and another (orange?) for illumination...
the rest are speakers..f left f right r left r right..and they can easily be identified with a 9v battery...

good luck...

dino

clink

Posted By: SLC206 Re: Early 405 Stereo Connection - Mon 25 Oct 2010 06:27:AM
Do you still have the owner's manual?

I've found Pug manuals of this era to be very helpful in explaining what each wire on the factory plug does.
Posted By: Schlemiel Pinouts - Mon 25 Oct 2010 11:12:AM
Yep, have the handbook with its configuration layout. Just wasn't sure if that orange plug had a particular "name".

Then I could buy a mating pigtail and hardwire that to the Aldi bits. Soldering's never a problem to me.
Posted By: SLC206 Re: Pinouts - Mon 25 Oct 2010 03:04:PM
Ah, so you are looking for something like this, then:

Attached picture CT20PE01.jpg
Posted By: Pug_405_Mi16 Re: Pinouts - Mon 25 Oct 2010 08:49:PM
Originally Posted by SLC206
Ah, so you are looking for something like this, then:

I used one of those connectors on our Series 2 405 a few months back and it worked a treat!

© AUS-CITY Message Forums