AUS-CITY
Posted By: Avo Optus B3, Please help - Fri 22 Oct 2004 06:44:PM
I am trying to pick up Optus B3 satellite in Sydney but i am not sure what elevation to set the dish to.It is 90cm offset dish. There is an indicator at the back of the dish that shows the elevation in degrees. I set that angle to 50 degrees but it didnt help. Can anyone tel me what to set up the indicator to?<br /><br />I have set up the LNB to 43 degrees, Is this correct?<br /><br />One last question. What Frequency should i set the LNB to?.The range of the frequency is 12.25-12.75 GH with local oscilator of 11.3GHz<br /><br />I appreicate it if anyone gets back to me<br /><br />Thanks
Posted By: Webmaster Re: Optus B3, Please help - Sat 23 Oct 2004 04:01:AM
In Sydney if you set it roughly to 50 degrees your pretty close.<br /><br />Hope that helps!
Posted By: nasir Re: Optus B3, Please help - Mon 13 Dec 2004 01:03:AM
set it to 11300 ( lnb )<br /> and try 45 degrees
Posted By: sachz Re: Optus B3, Please help - Mon 13 Dec 2004 02:34:AM
Heya - In wonder if someone can help me out here.<br /><br />I've got a working TARBS (yes, the stock standard ones) BOX. I've been reading that with a FTA digital receiver I can get the FTA channels that were under TARBS before.. here's how I went:<br /><br />1. powered up HUMAX (VA-ACE) unit, operationally looks AOK.<br /><br />2. removed sat cable from working TARBS box (note, dish already re-aligned) and insert into HUMAX box 3. configure following parameters on HUMAX box (identical from working TARBS box).<br /> - LNB 11300<br /> - Transponder Freq 12640<br /> - Symbol Table 22500<br /> - 22K Tone off<br /> - Polariz: H<br /> - FEC: Auto Detect<br /><br />On HUMAX box, I am getting a SIGNAL LEVEL of 85 (on old TARBS-box was about 70). <br /><br />On HUMAX box, I am getting a SIG QUALITY of ZERO (0) however.... This was about 57 on the working box.<br /><br />Here-in lies my problem.<br /><br />I attempted a clean sweep scan but still nothing.<br /><br />My objective was to get 2 units in the house working, but am tripping at getting the new one working. <br /><br />Can anyone advise me where I am going wrong.<br /><br />Thanks In Advance!
Posted By: sachz Re: Optus B3, Please help - Wed 15 Dec 2004 02:03:PM
its ok, been fixed. put all settings to AUTO and only set the LNB to 11300, and whallah! thanks anyway :-)
© AUS-CITY Message Forums