With the Pope's visit to Sydney this week, the Biography channel has had some cool religious leader docos including "The Jesus Guy". I also watched the one on Maharishi Mahesh Yogi. meditate

I was quite enthralled with the Jesus guy who will not give his name and goes by the title "What's your name". That part is strange even to me. But I did love some of the things he had to say and the principles he lives by. I love the robe (I want one!). And I like how his hair and beard are just left to grow as nature dictates (rather than fashion). My favourite thing about his lifestyle is that he allows each moment to unfold before him. He doesn't do much planning. He doesn't ask for anything and waits to see what God provides for him each day. (He also doesn't say "please" or "thank you", and I can see why). He does not accept money and uses no money. He walks until there is a place to rest and he eats when someone offers him food. Sleeping arrangements are the same, but I wanted to know more about where he sleeps each night (the doco was tooo short for me).

Of course he is very human and doesn't claim not to be. Nor does he claim to be Jesus. He just chose 14 years ago to live according to the bible and along the way he kinda ended up looking like Jesus. He carries the bible around with him and his official task besides existing in the moment is to "preach the scriptures". I saw his human side/ego in the part of the documentary where he agrees to a speaking engagement and then starts by saying with a bit of annoyance that he is surprised so few people turned out and he is not used to speaking to so few people. omg Some people in the documentary alluded to their belief that he may live humbly in many ways, but that he seems to crave media attention. I could see that in him, too. But he is amazing in his experimentation and choices. And perfection is not the point anyway, IMO, learning and transforming is. [Linked Image]