Hmm - I want to know what the LEGAL reasons for the child not being able to be named are.

If the child was subject to an order (can't say he actually was as we all know DoCS will take a child without an order) then it's understandable... But it's void if the child is deceased. The child can therefore be named.

BUT - if the foster carers are under legal investigation then therefore the child can not be named.

I must admit that this kind of thing worries the daylights out of me... I would be absolutely gutted if I found out that something had happened to one of my children while in care like this.

It took 3 days to find out that my 9 year old daughter had been admitted to hospital late last year... But it shouldn't have been up to the coroner to notify the parents.

No doubt the coroner thought the parents had already been informed.

Mind you - I was notified of my husband's death 2 hours after the fact and it was the police who were slack in that regard.

Thinking of this situation, no doubt the police were slack in notifying Crisis Care (who are the ones who have to be called)... Crisis Care wouldn't have notified the CSO until the next morning.

So in hindsight the biological parents were lucky the coroner called or they wouldn't have known until the following day and that would have made them even more distraught.

I want to know why the heck the foster mother wasn't watching a 2 year old child!!!