I finally found out about the no-knead bread recipe (a year behind the rest of the world, but better late than never) and have been making it every so often. I simplified the heck out of it so that I merely mix the ingredients, water, salt, yeast and flour taking all of a few minutes, leaving the dough to sit for 12+ hours and pouring into a parchment-lined casserole dish to bake without further rising, etc.

It comes out with a nice brown crust and a spongy middle. It isn't shaped like a loaf as it conforms to my casserole dish shape which is oval, but it is still fantastic to slice and eat with butter. And it has a great flavour thanks to the sitting/fermenting part.

I always loved cinnamon rolls, but it seemed too much trouble to make them. That is until I found this recipe for No-Knead Sticky Pecan Caramel Cinnamon Rolls.

It was easy to mix up the dough and put in the fridge. I also like when a task is broken up (over days even grin). So after a day in the fridge, I followed the directions and it turned out to be quite easy and quick. I felt the caramel topping was delicious, but "too" intense for me. Next time I will leave that part out and make a simple traditional icing.

I'm posting this though because no-knead bread dough recipes are so inspiring to me. I think it makes baking quite practical and just as delicious. [Linked Image]