That is perfect advice, Dawn!! Bless you! I have kinda come to that conclusion. Wish I had just done a continuous flow afghan. Instead I decided to do squares and link them together. reye I wanted to do a patchwork type thing using warm tones and I had this initial zany idea I could do each patch in a different stitch. dizzy

I have settled for making squares of varying width, but same length, in the different colours, but SAME stitch (single crochet). Attaching them has been rough as I have tried to figure out how to do it nicely. My biggest problem is...

HOW do I end rows? I get this ragged edge on my squares because I'm not entirely sure what I'm supposed to to on the last stitch. I am doing single crochet with c1 at the end of each row. But when I do the last stitch before c1, that is where I'm not seeing clearly which strings to pick up (and so I'm guessing blush). And that is leading to an inconsistent edge.

I think I'll do more internet delving on this. Unless someone knows what I'm talking about and THEN how to explain it! upsidedown